[RELEASE] Sonoff Zigbee Button, Motion/Temperature&Humidity/Contact Sensor Drivers

I'm afraid they don't.

Is there any way how to turn SNZB-03 inactive faster than 60sec after motion (as it is on aqara sensor driver)? ...or how to trigger another motion within those 60sec?

Yes!
That was precisely my question.

I answered it by using the driver from @muxa who made up a driver for the Konke Motion Sensor.
I used it on the Sonoff, and it allows you to specify when to reset it.
Works like a charm.

Thanks for tip but not working like a charm in my case. It turns inactive after XY sec but than not detects any motion (for some time, probably for default 60sec).
@markus ... Is this the inner attribute of the device? So you cannot operate with inactivity in your driver?

The Xiaomi/Aqara/Sonoff motion sensors will only report motion every 60 seconds. They do not actually report inactive, I'm led to believe, it's the driver that changes the device state to inactive. So you can in theory set the reset to inactive time to anything between 5 and 60 seconds but the device will not report active again until 60 seconds after it initially reported motion. (When they are first paired they can report every 5 seconds but this stops after a period of time. I've seen this when the device is paired to the Mi Home hub).
There is a hack that people have done on the Xiaomi and Aqara sensors where you can solder a wire between two points which will cause the device to report every 5 seconds. Someone even mentioned that drawing a line between the two points on the circuit board with a lead pencil will do the trick.
I've never bothered trying either. The thread is on here somewhere that gives a description of what to do.

1:

2:

Thanks for clearing this up guys. Already checked Xiaomi faster activity reporting and that hack, just didnt understand that Sonoff is the same issue.

It is not, only the hue motion sensor (to my knowledge) implements an adjustable timeout.

Markus is no longer on this forum.

To talk to him go here:

https://oh-lalabs.com/

If you are doing your own motion rules in RM you can use a “wait for events” of the sensor going inactive before you start your countdown timer.

I have several door contacts and have 100% reliability, at the cost of them, its cheap enough to buy one a test it!

Hi all, im testing some of the SNZB-02 Humidity sensors, They seem to report every 5 minutes or so, is there a way to get them to report on changes in the humidity? by the time they report the change the shower is over and done with!

I bought four to test and haven't been real pleased with them. They'll report in as soon as five minutes IF there is significant change. So, not really what I needed for the bathrooms/showers. I'm still looking for something in a standard zigbee flavor that reports as fast as my Aqara ones.

I bought a five pack off AliExpress and have them on my network now for a couple of weeks. I haven’t put one in the bathroom yet to see response time but good to note what you guys are seeing.

Also they don’t seem to report temp very often either. Maybe because the temp doesn’t fluctuate enough. I don’t know.

1 Like

As far as i can see from the logs, they report both readings every 5 minutes. Thats ok for general monitoring but for automations its not much use at all.

Really need something that reports change rather than time

The guy that wrote the driver is no longer on here, so ive asked the question over in the smartly forum where he now resides!

1 Like

yeah I know markus is not here anymore.
I am using the built in drivers since Mike added them a few updates ago ... maybe i should try these drivers instead.

And i am definitely only getting humidity on a regular basis.

Sorry Steve , which drivers?

To be fair, I think a lot depends on the automations.

I use one of SNZB-02's to monitor the humidity in my Basement Utility. If it hits a certain threshold, the dehumidifier comes on -- so 5 minutes one way or the other is largely irrelevant. In a bathroom...yeah that would be a problem. In my case, the unit seems very reliable, and doesn't generate a lot of unnecessary traffic on my network, so it's perfect.

I like the motion sensors as well, although I wish the reset time was adjustable.

S.

1 Like

Sonoff drivers for zigbee buttons, contact sensor, and temp/humidity were added either in 2.2.4 or 2.2.5. I can’t remember which without going back to check.

Edit. Just found it. They were included in 2.2.4

As Far as i can see, there are 2 kinds of automations, Time based and change based. Time based obviously have no need for a sensor, where as changed based will always need one.

To develop and market a sensor which delays reporting change for 5 minutes is severely limiting its use, imagine what people would say if the motion sensor didnt report change in activity for 5 minutes???

Obviously some people may not need it to report small changes to avoid overhead and thats always a trade of i suppose. im not a dev but how hard could it be to have driver settings for this?

1 Like

OK Turns out i was using the HE drivers, not those that this thread is about DOH!

Ive tried these for 24hrs and they are, as far as my trials go, less reliable than the HE ones.

Ive messaged Marcus over at OHLA and am waiting a response and im going to message support about the HE ones.

Ive messaged support about the HE ones

I had an idea, dont know if its achievable so im going to research it, but maybe someone following this will know the answer?

is it possible to set up a rule that will ask HE to ask the sensor to refresh values under certain variables? is it called polling??

say for instance something like:

if the shower room light comes on or motion detected.
wait some time say 2 mins.
If the light is still on, then
poll the sensor every 15 seconds until
The fan comes on of the lights go off.
then stop polling

is that possible?