[RELEASE] Sonoff (Connect)

You will probably need to flash through the UART headers. These things are nearly impossible to brick, but depending on how the previous firmware was compiled and flashed, there may be some OTA issues.

I just uploaded the firmware again with it compiled using the same settings as Tasmota which should make it more compatible in the future.

I'm not sure where to post this on the various sonoff / tuya threads, but I'm looking to get some sockets/outlets in Australia, where sockets/outlets are sadly lacking in number.

I can get some that are easily flashed with this: GitHub - ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert: A collection of scripts to flash Tuya IoT devices to alternative firmwares
Can these be added to Hubitat?

Thank you for this screenshot of how you RM to periodically refresh. I have a dozen teckin SP10ā€™s converted to sonoff-basic and have played around a couple times with getting them to refresh - one guy has it built into his sonoff driver and it didn't go well with me - and this was just what I was looking for.

I have seen post with people saying to use RM and I was looking for a periodic trigger and came up empty. Of course this make sense - always true condition and time it in the loop itself. I guess I have trouble thinking outside the box.

Now that I see you are doing further dev with a Hubitat specific FW for the ESP, I guess I will need to start playing again. Well I need to read more first. :wink:

Steve

I was looking to buy a few SONOFF iFan02 and found they are discontinued. They have been replaced with the iFan03 SONOFF ifan03 - Wireless Wi-Fi Smart Ceiling Fan & Light Controller
Does anyone know if the firmware is the same?

They also have the SONOFF Mini SONOFF MINI - Two way DIY Smart Switch to control lights remotely and manually that looks very similar to the Aeotec nano but on wifi.

Trying to flash my sonoff 4ch pro. it never connects. using nodemcu DOUT and every baud. Iā€™m using a mac book pro 2017 and one of these guys https://www.amazon.com/JANSANE-PL2303TA-Serial-Console-Raspberry/dp/B07D9R5JFK/ref=sr_1_37?crid=19XJZZWZKZJA6&keywords=usb+serial+adapter&qid=1562447387&s=gateway&sprefix=usb+ser%2Caps%2C220&sr=8-37

grounding pin while powering up. no lights come on.

does anyone have words of wisdom?

I don't understand what you mean by this. Grounding which pin? Are you connecting TX to RX and RX to TX? They have to cross as one is the receiver and one is the sender...the receiver on one has to talk to the transmitter on the other.Are you applying 3.3v power or 5v power to the VCC pin?

Well. I think I figured out out. The usb2serial I bought is 5v on the power pin not 3.3. So I probably burned out the chip from what I read. Amazon will have me one Tuesday.

I ment Grounding the pin to put into firmware update mode. That no lights turn on.

Sounds like I can just use rx tx and gnd and power up with normal power. Not using the power supplied by the usb2serial.

NO!!! Do not use AC power while connect to your USB2serial adapter. That will totally fry your computer!!!

1 Like

Do you know of a 3.3 volt usb2serial that is known to work well? Was going to use the DC power input. But if not good idea I'll buy the right usb2serial

I thought you meant you were going to connect the AC. PHEW!!!
I was going to type this all out but I actually found the write-up on this on the Tasmota forum. They have it all summarized with pictures much better than I ever could.

If you are going to connect to VCC, then I would recommend getting a 5 to 3.3v buck converter like this:

I've used this exact one and they perform well and you don't have to do much other than connect header wires to them. No soldering or adjustment required. But for the 4ch pro, you should be fine powering from DC. Just have to make sure the GPIO0 is grounded when you apply power, however you do it.

OK I made a lot of progress last night and I'm stumped now.

last night i figured out not to set a password, line 360 throws an error if you attempt to use passwords.

Hubitat now receives updates of change and status updates from the sonoff 4ch, the parent device is always needs_update=yes, pressing on/off in a child produces a log entry but nothing in logs of sonoff.

I notice that the log of reports from sonoff refer to the devices as POWER1-POWER4 do i need to configure something on hubitat side?

Which driver are you trying to use? You will need to have a new driver as I don't think one already exists for the 4 channel.

Using the device by Eric Maycock. All current versions checked today. What is the magic combo to get a sonoff 4ch working? And sonoff connect. Firmware on device is the modified 6.5 version. I thought I had all the right pieces.. :grin:

The driver above is for Eric's custom firmware that is also listed above. Not for Tasmota. If you want to use that driver, you have to use the firmware that is linked right below it.

So the link in the middle "here" is the correct firmware?

WOO HOO . THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!!
I GOT IT WORKING

2 Likes

Out of interest did you ever get the Sonoff RF Bridge working in HE?

Nope......

OK no worries. I noticed that @ericm is working on it so maybe in the future we will get it into HE which would be super cool. In the mean time I will leave mine in the box.

Same with me. waiting for the right time... If you will find working way, let me know please...

Has anybody tried the Dual R2 release, loads and website works but does not control the relays.