[RELEASE] Somfy Z-Wave to RTS Interface II driver

I was just going to reply with that because we use a similar phrase for our drapes.

Can you post a picture of the z-wave controller this works with? I see a couple and am not sure which is the version 2. I have a myLink now in ST, but no one has a driver for it in Hubitat.

The device the driver is designed for and tested with can be found here.

It may (or may not) work with the prior gen device. I don’t know anyone who has tested with it.

I have a copy of the myLink API, which Somfy pulled from their website about a year ago. At a low priority, I have been working on a myLink Hubitat driver. A problem is that Somfy has been changing things up because they want a walled garden, which might make a purely-local driver difficult if Somfy changes the API to prevent it, and a cloud-based version difficult if Somfy wants to prevent it.

Until then, Alexa talks to our drapes using myLink and Hubitat uses Justin Walker’s (@augoisms’s) ZRTSI II driver. Denny Page has an equally good driver that has a few more features added at the request of users in the forum.

I put in an offer on a ZRTSI, if I can get it for a good price, I’ll move to z-wave. I need a virtual ST location to use my Ring Floodlight and Spotlight cams, and to get switches back into my Harmony Remote, but I’d really like to take down my physical ST hub.

I have Hubitat talking directly to MyLink over local LAN connection, details here: Integrate Somfy in Hubitat. The code is all in github but I haven't done a proper release with installations instructions. If I can find a few volunteers to test installation instructions, I'd be happy to package it up.

1 Like

Thanks for the great drivers! I was nervous to port over my ZRTSII and shades from SmartThings, but your code was perfect. Thank you so much!!

Quick question, I am trying to run a custom action in Rule Machine to access the “stop” functionality. However, I can’t seem to find the shades anywhere under Custom Actions. What device type would they show under there?

Actually I went in and edited the code to include:

capability "Actuator"

It worked like a charm for what I needed. Hope that’s okay...

I recently bought a new home and found a funky looking remote. It controlled a deck awning. I’d like to use a Luton pico, is this possible?

Is the funky looking remote a Z-Wave to RTS Interface? Plugs into the wall and looks like this:

1 Like

@dennypage I'm about to purchase a "SOMFY ZRSTI 6 CHANNEL Z-WAVE TO RTS PLUG-IN INTERFACE WALL MODULE 1811265" - is this going to work with your driver?

This?

Yes, looking at one on eBay

Yes, that’s the one.

1 Like

How can I use this with a dashboard template? Switch does not work. I would love to be able to do this from my phone, but cannot find a template which will control it. I tried declaring it as having Switch functionality and cloning the open and close functions to on and off, but apparently that is not enough.

1 Like

Use the Shade template

1 Like

Wow, that should have been obvious. Thanks!

2 Likes

grateful to have the driver to get my blinds integrated, but I do not see the blinds as an option in the basic rule app, or as a potential action point for a virtual switch. how do you make the new Virtual nodes available in either of these areas for further automation? am I missing something?
using ZRTSI II and Denny Page's app code

I don't believe Basic Rules support shades at this time. Check Rule Machine.

1 Like

@dennypage a massive thank you for this driver, my dream of automating the blinds has come true!

2 Likes