[RELEASE] Sleep Number Controller - control your Sleep Number bed and use it for presence

You didn't do anything wrong; that log is informational only and is normal - the authentication cookie that SleepIQ uses is shorter lived than they claim so this is just telling you that after 30 minutes, authentication needed to reoccur in order to make a request. If they'd use a legitimate cookie expiration I could preemptively re-authenticate but as it stands, I have to try once and let it fail before knowing re-auth is required - this log just informs you that's happening. Any error will show up as an error vs. info log.

Got it...thanks

Is there an API limitation adjusting both sides simultaneously?

I’m using Alexa to adjust my base’s head for both my wife and I to settle in for a movie. I ask Alexa to adjust the head on one side from 0 to say 70 percent and it starts the command perfectly. However, if you then immediately ask Alexa to adjust the other side from 0 to 70 before the first side finishes adjusting to 70, the first side will stop wherever it is as the second side starts. It’s simple to just wait and repeat for the side that stopped prematurely, but was curious if it was an api limitation or something else. Seems like you should be able to adjust both at the same time but perhaps not.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of their API. I tried to see if two separate accounts (one per side) fixes this but it still fails (you can try this locally using the app on 2 phones by forcing it to WiFi). If each command ran in a fixed (or very predictable) time I could set things so they queue without lag between them. But as it stands, the best I’d be able to do is create a FIFO queue that tries to wait long enough based on the type of command (eg, moving the head takes longer than turning on the warmer). I’ve been running into this problem at home lately as well but haven’t had time to look into how to best set up the queue.

1 Like

Dang, but knew you would be in top of it. One of my most used drivers/app for sure. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Anyone else seeing an error with the API?

Since last update, I have lost the ability to get sleep session data. Presence works, bed control ok, just no nightly sleep data, Privacy mode is off, sleep data collection is enabled. Logs show "no sleep sessions found-skipping update", I've tried repairs and fresh installs via package manager, but no help. Sleep IQ phone app reporting data as normal daily,

Anyone else experiencing this? I've run out of things to tweak,,,

This means the SleepIQ API isn't returning what's expected. Can you paste debug logs for the device here (or PM them to me if you'd prefer)? Also can you confirm you see sleep data in your app (on your phone)?

I do see unique sleep data on my phone app daily,
I pm'd you the logs,
Appreciate the help-and thanks for providing this app,

Thanks for pointing this out @billpotter00, I identified a bug in the last update that should be fixed in v3.0.9.

Thank You for the awesome app, and the time you spend supporting the community!

I just pushed v3.1.0 which adds a request queue to allow simultaneous requests to be processed sequentially without causing problems with each other. This means two requests sent at the same time will run one after the other (so there is a delay in the second request to allow the first to finish).

I've been running this version for many weeks now and haven't had any issues but it does introduce a reasonably big change in the request dispatching so please let me know if anything looks like it's behaving differently.

@jim.musial FYI

1 Like

Yes! You still manage to pull out more features. Thank you!

Love the app, but I am having difficulty adding the children to google home. I can add the parent and the footwarmer, but the head and foot children just refuse to come across. I am using the default google home integration. Is there something I am missing. Thanks much.

I haven't tried that as I have an Amazon Echo in the bedroom. The children are just HE generic drivers so I would think they'd work ok (and they do w/ the native Echo integration). Hopefully someone else uses them with Google and can help. Maybe try the community sponsored Google integration instead?

I may try the community google integration as I have had issues with multiple devices..

Thanks again

The community one works much better.

BTW, been using the queuing of multiple requests for bed changes for about two weeks and it works great! As I feel that feature was written for me, I couldn't help but send me second donation. Great work.

2 Likes

Switched to the community Google home app and everything came across wonderfully. Google itself is frustrating.... One time it adjusts my bed... The next time it shows me pictures of beds

What could I possibly be doing wrong? The bed doesn't update unless I manually click "poll" in the device. Any idea on where to start troubleshooting this?