[RELEASE] Sleep Number Controller - control your Sleep Number bed and use it for presence

Thanks for pointing this out @billpotter00, I identified a bug in the last update that should be fixed in v3.0.9.

Thank You for the awesome app, and the time you spend supporting the community!

I just pushed v3.1.0 which adds a request queue to allow simultaneous requests to be processed sequentially without causing problems with each other. This means two requests sent at the same time will run one after the other (so there is a delay in the second request to allow the first to finish).

I've been running this version for many weeks now and haven't had any issues but it does introduce a reasonably big change in the request dispatching so please let me know if anything looks like it's behaving differently.

@jim.musial FYI

1 Like

Yes! You still manage to pull out more features. Thank you!

Love the app, but I am having difficulty adding the children to google home. I can add the parent and the footwarmer, but the head and foot children just refuse to come across. I am using the default google home integration. Is there something I am missing. Thanks much.

I haven't tried that as I have an Amazon Echo in the bedroom. The children are just HE generic drivers so I would think they'd work ok (and they do w/ the native Echo integration). Hopefully someone else uses them with Google and can help. Maybe try the community sponsored Google integration instead?

I may try the community google integration as I have had issues with multiple devices..

Thanks again

The community one works much better.

BTW, been using the queuing of multiple requests for bed changes for about two weeks and it works great! As I feel that feature was written for me, I couldn't help but send me second donation. Great work.

2 Likes

Switched to the community Google home app and everything came across wonderfully. Google itself is frustrating.... One time it adjusts my bed... The next time it shows me pictures of beds

What could I possibly be doing wrong? The bed doesn't update unless I manually click "poll" in the device. Any idea on where to start troubleshooting this?

Had my internet go offline last night and this app flooded the logs with Retrying failed request messages every minute for hours. Any way to throttle how many times that gets logged? Maybe after a few it gives up and tries every hour or something? Not sure if it is safe to post that connection string in the error but I can send you the screenshot if you need it.

Can you turn on debugging and PM me the logs? If you have it set up to poll differently between day and night then it should poll X during the day and Y at night or if you have a constant period set then it'll just be the one.

Right now there's no way to change that (short of updating the code to remove the logging). I can look into this but my understanding from other HE staff posts is that logging shouldn't hurt the platform so it's been low on my list so far. I'll see what I can come up with.

The only issue I had was it pushed anything else off the end of the log so I could not see anything older than around 4am. Unless there is a way to see older logs that I missed. I did not dig into it any further. Might need to adjust some settings to keep more logs or something.

Seems when I ran this the first time, the app never installed. Everything seems to stay working now as long as the app remains, in an "online" state. However, yesterday after I installed and configured it, it went offline. It didn't return online until this morning. I reconnected it, and rebooted the hub. It's been online for about 5 hours now, so maybe it's solved. If there's something I should be aware of outside of normal configuration and what is in this thread, please let me know. Once I have the application stable, I'll start configuring rules.

Couple questions about this....

1. What are valid values for outOfBedTime?
  2. Also, how do I create the dash tile with all the sleep information in it?

Out of bed time is read-only and set if you have sleep data enabled. It's read from the SleepNumber servers and represents the "Bed Exit" time shown in their app.

If you want to create a dash tile you add an attribute tile to the dashboard and pick the attribute you want to show; the sleep summary data is named sessionSummary and there's another representation called sleepIQSummary (you can see the data for both of these on the device page). More information is here GitHub - rvrolyk/SleepNumberController too.

2 Likes

I just noticed the HomeBridge SleepIQ integration was pulled at the request of Sleep Number for overloading their network with API calls.

Because I definitely don't want that to happen to all of us, it may be proactive/prudent to limit the frequency of API calls.

Yeah, thanks for flagging @aaiyar. I actually noticed that which is what prompted the day/night toggle. I'm hoping folks here use that to avoid needless communication during the day hours.

1 Like

Would you consider making that toggle mode dependent? For example, I would like the polling to occur every 30 minutes (or more) in Home mode, but every 1 minute in Sleep mode. And the timing of Home mode varies from day to day.