[RELEASE] Simple Kitchen Timer with Controls for use with Dashboards

Is it possible to change the timer value using a dashboard connector (eg. change the value on a tile or update from a global variable)?

Interesting. I'll take a look later today.

Not that I know of.

Oh sorry Bryan. I didn't word it very well. I meant.... Would you be able to add a function to allow the timer to take its length/duration from a global variable instead of being hard coded. This way we could have another little tile using a connector, to allow the timer duration to be set (eg, 1 0 minutes, 20 minutes etc) before activating the timer. Would just make it more flexible. Sorry, if it's a load of hassle please don't worry about it.

Thank you. Did I explain we’ll enough what I am trying to do? I am trying to leave a button on the porch that resets the timer that’s counting up, I think that would work. Thank you again

Actually I think I’ve found a different solution. Thank you

Nope. Too much work for this 'simple' timer. :grin:

Sounds good.

Understood. I found another solution!
Cheers.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.5 - 06/19/20 - Added The Flasher, all speech now goes through 'Follow Me'

Hey, first off all great App. I was wondering how one can change the different color interval values. (eg. change the color when timer becomes <60s instead of under 10 seconds) Thank you very much

1 Like

You would have to go into the code and change the numbers to suit your preferences.

Where are these parameters located? Unfortunately I have not found it in die Parent or the Child Drivers.

Driver, lines 251-254

Ah, my bad, thanks!

1 Like

Hi Bryan @bptworld , I am a total newbie to Hubitat. This Kitchen Timer app sounds great, but I seem to be missing some fundamentals. Here is what I did:

1. Installed Package Manager
  2. Installed Simple Kitchen Timer
  3. Created a child timer - here is something I didn't quite get: when I named the child timer ("Whole House Fan"), an "SKT-Whole House Fan" device was created. Below that, it asked me to "select Virtual Device", and I selected the just created "SKT-Whole House Fan" device. Is this the right move?
  4. I figured out that there was an app called Maker API that was needed to use this, which is a built-in app, and I installed it. I selected the above virtual device and added it under "Select Devices" in the Maker API page. I also looked at the example URL's given in the bottom of the Maker API page such as: "http://192.168.1.xx/apps/api/107/devices/[Device ID]?access_token=1c87794b-xxxxx-etc" (redacting token for security), and figured out that the 3 important parameters to enter into the Kitchen timer fields are the IP address (192.168.1.xx), that the App# of the Maker API must be 107, and access token is the last part, and entered them into the SKT app.

I believe this should be all that I need to do. Anything I missed?

Now for the real question - when I try to add a tile to my Dashboard, I get to "Pick a Device" (I pick the device "SKT Whole House Fan"), "Pick a Template" (I pick "attribute"), and then on the right hand pane I get to select just 1 attribute. How on earth do I create a nice tile like what you have shown with all the timers and buttons and whatnot on the same tile? I am completely flummoxed. Like I said all this is new to me, so some patient explaining would be highly appreciated. I am including a screenshot of what I am seeing in the "Add Tile" sub-screen for information:

Thanks, Bryan!

You almost made it! Select 'tile01' as the Attribute.

Oh man, that's the only one I did not try :wink:
Thanks, and I guess the next newbie will now know by looking at this thread!
(could you consider renaming that to "tileSKT", that may have helped me...)

Edit: Another issue (maybe I have setup something wrong): The Tile actions work fine on my dashboard on the laptop browser, but when I display on the iPhone app, something strange happens - touching "Start" launches the browser version of the app, and then if I try to use the Start button there, nothing happens. Other tiles (such as Garage Door Opener operations) work fine in the iPhone App.

One more, @bptworld Bryan: There is an option to turn on/off a device at the end of the timer. Is it possible to add an action when the "Start" button is pressed, or would it just work to create a Rule and do it that way? Like so...

Sorry, not in the cards for this app. Remember it's a 'Simple' app. :grin:

No idea. I don't use RM.

No problem @bptworld Bryan. BTW, did you look at the problem with using the tile on the iPhone that I posted above? What may be the issue here?

yeah, it's an iPhone. Get an android. :slight_smile: (serious!)

1 Like