[RELEASE] Simple Irrigation

New version on GitHub...

Child:
2.0.5 - 06/02/20 - Fixed issues with scheduling

1 Like

Feature suggestion: Have option to send push messages only on failures (e.g., unable to open valve).

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

Child:
2.0.6 - 06/16/20 - Added more push options

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to change the default valve time on the Iris valves? I’ve changed my time in the Iris driver to 20, but my Simple Irrigation actions (which are for 20 mins) only stay open for 10 minutes.

Hi all

I have used your code Bryan @bptworld in Simple Irrigation to create a version that can use Hubduino relay boards instead of the Orbit controller or a single valve item.
I plan to use it in the sense of an 8 channel relay driving 8 zone solenoids on 24v.

I also have it set up to take input from a watering control dashboard using sliders (dimmers) to set watering time. Let me know if anyone is interested in my hack of @bptworld excellent work, which I have learned a lot from.

Whilst I am here....
Does anyone know why a state change of device using object.currentValue("switch", true), where true ignores the cached and gets a value from direct from the database, only works once in a function?

Cheers
Brad

2 Likes

Great work. You should probably start a new thread though so people will see it.

@bptworld In the "Check the weather" section, you have the following:

Disable app using any 'Switch' type device. I highly recommend using WATO to turn a virtual switch on/off based on any device parameter.

Since WATO is no longer needed, I suggest you either remove the second sentence or refer to RM.

Thanks for your app.

I might be missing something. Is there a way to set the schedule based on sunrise?

Nope, as the name suggests this is a 'simple' was of doing it. For more advanced features, take a look at Event Engine.

Thanks

Hi Brad, I'm trying to find an app I can use to manually (not at a set time) stsrt the pump & the open the solenoids at 6 water canons that water a field hockey field. There would need to be a few different programs as we have to deal with wind blowing the water, so for eg. if the wind is from the south it is pretty useless having the northern canons water the carpark.
Is this something tyour version can do?? Where can I download it from?

Hi Greg
Not at present and it is not something that I considered.
I didn't really get much interest and so have not developed beyond my use-case.
Would not be hard, and all my code is on GitHub if you want to give it a go.

Plenty of wind obs data sources and you would just need to check if wind direction was or became between the degrees of direction.

Cheers
Brad

Thanks for getting back to me Brad. How would I find it in GitHub?

Thanks Greg

Um, search?

Thanks. For some reason when I search through GitHub I don't find what I'm looking for, find everything but.

1 Like

Most developers include their GitHub repository on their Hubitat user page. This developer didn’t, so I just searched GitHub for his Hubitat username (rabecaps) followed by the word Irrigation. Bingo.

Glad you tried to search first before posting. Most don’t.

Hi Greg.
I am not really a developer, just a hack.
I was thinking about this though and if you are manually turning on the system and really only want control related to which sprinklers to use based on wind direction this could be achieved with rule engine.
There are plenty of weather based hubitat apps that expose the data as variables and you can check if wind direction is between two sets of numbers or from the "SW" for example.
Hubduino could be used to control relays.....

1 Like

Hi Brad, you're a bit more than a hack if you playeed around with it & got it to work. I've played around with software, & rarely got it to do what I wanted as oppsed to what it was originally doing. Any way, I was also thinking about RM. I don't think its worth bothering with weather info as when the field is water someoen is actually standing beside the field & can see whats happening. We crrently have a basic Orbit 6 station irrigation controller, which we have 3 different programs in. It starts the pump, then goes thru the paticular sequence of opening the solenoids. The advantage as we know with Hubitat we aren't bound by having be at the control box. It will also give much more programming flexibilty. Thanks for your input, I think I'll go the RM way

Sorry forgot to mention the relays will be connect to Konnected WiFi boards, they can then be controlled by RM

Good Morning.
I believe i downloaded the latest version ( 2.0.6)
I was wondering a) if there was any way to select a switch vs valve ( i use Zen 16s to open / close the standard 24v irrigation valves) and b) is there anyway to configure this to operate multiple valves ( in sequence) I have a 9 zone irrigation controller made form 3 ZEN 16s.

@SteveZed posted a code change i could add to simple sprinklers ( I do appreciate that ) but not being a code guy - i was looking for other user apps that might have the options i was looking for.

Thanks
Mac

1 Like

New version...

2.0.7 - 05/26/21 - Added switch option

Haven't tested it but it should work. :wink: