[RELEASE] Simple Irrigation

Oh, yeah.... In the Package Manager list. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

See not so simple is it! lol

1 Like

Multiple Child Apps - Disable Inactive Schedules

The proper way to enable / disable various configured schedules would be through the HE App menu display where you can select apps/child to be disabled correct?

No negative consequences to this correct ?

Thanks again for this app.

That is the only way. :wink:

1 Like

Greetings B-

App working like a charm but let me throw something non-critical out there for your consideration in the future.

Getting a notification that "a child is alive and operational" is valuable, I am glad you put that in.

But if one uses the three watering times in a series within the child (which is a very helpful approach to letting waterings soak in) you find yourself getting a bunch of notification, especially if one has a number of valves running under Simple Irrigation control.

It would be great to get just one notification reminding you that a child has initiated it's scheduled watering sequence, was not thwarted by any ancillary switch, weather, or moisture sensor ( or maybe announce that it indeed WAS thwarted by said switchs)...and then just trust that the opennings & closings are occuring as scheduled if it wasn't.

Just an idea that probably doesn't deserve your time unless others speak up and say, "yeah, I had to turn off notifications because they were too numerious (even though I really liked being reminded that the watering was happening successfully)".

Kind regards,

PP

First off, thank you for this app @bptworld. I've just started doing drip irrigation and it's perfect.

I did notice tonight that it didn't run because of my rain switch ([RELEASE] Weewx Local Capabilities) which is correct. - it did what it should have done, however I did receive a notification that the valve closed. I didn't get the open, just close. Any ideas? If not, I'll look at the code this weekend.

Thanks!
Brian

That's from the safety check. It sends a 'close' just in case.

1 Like

HI Brian,
I am thinking of setting up a drip irrigation system linked to Hubitat.
Will this work only with Orbit Hose timer #27087 or do you have any other suggestions?

It should work with any valve that can be paired and controlled with HE. No guarantees though.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
2.0.3 - 05/31/20 - Some great changes/additions by @bdwilson. Thanks!

• add option to disable safety notification
  • change to switch
  • update bool toggle for safety notification
  • updates to skipping state
  • update wording
  • add optional notification for if watering session is cancelled via weather switch
2 Likes

What’s the trick to remove an item from the schedule? Do I have to recreate the whole schedule? Can’t get this item to remove when clearing out hours and minutes and blanking the minutes. After I save it shows back up without any minutes. I added this entry to test some code and realized when i heard it engage tonight without any minutes!

New version on GitHub...

Child:
2.0.5 - 06/02/20 - Fixed issues with scheduling

1 Like

Feature suggestion: Have option to send push messages only on failures (e.g., unable to open valve).

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

Child:
2.0.6 - 06/16/20 - Added more push options

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to change the default valve time on the Iris valves? I’ve changed my time in the Iris driver to 20, but my Simple Irrigation actions (which are for 20 mins) only stay open for 10 minutes.

Hi all

I have used your code Bryan @bptworld in Simple Irrigation to create a version that can use Hubduino relay boards instead of the Orbit controller or a single valve item.
I plan to use it in the sense of an 8 channel relay driving 8 zone solenoids on 24v.

I also have it set up to take input from a watering control dashboard using sliders (dimmers) to set watering time. Let me know if anyone is interested in my hack of @bptworld excellent work, which I have learned a lot from.

Whilst I am here....
Does anyone know why a state change of device using object.currentValue("switch", true), where true ignores the cached and gets a value from direct from the database, only works once in a function?

Cheers
Brad

2 Likes

Great work. You should probably start a new thread though so people will see it.

@bptworld In the "Check the weather" section, you have the following:

Disable app using any 'Switch' type device. I highly recommend using WATO to turn a virtual switch on/off based on any device parameter.

Since WATO is no longer needed, I suggest you either remove the second sentence or refer to RM.

Thanks for your app.

I might be missing something. Is there a way to set the schedule based on sunrise?

Nope, as the name suggests this is a 'simple' was of doing it. For more advanced features, take a look at Event Engine.

Thanks