[Release] Roku Connect integration App and Roku TV Device Handler

I thought I had done something where I would see all the buttons / options that showed On and Off as the Power Buttons from the device.

Don't use attribute, use switch. You will see the tv there

Can you share a screen shot of this?

In your example rule condition, you selected custom attribute, so you see all the attributes.

The attribute to know if the TV is on is “switch” but instead of using custom attribute, use switch type, then you can select which switch you want to check the state of, and the TVs will appear. This is really a matter of understanding rules, not so much an issue of my code nor driver. I am happy to help with understanding the rules engine.

As there is a lot of back and forth discussion with confusing directions may I ask what you want to do specifically? Then I can create a simple rule example for you. That will probably help more than pointed questions that may or may not address each scenario correctly.

So the Switch option On and Off are the same as the device controls??

Yep. If you go to the device page you can confirm it by the button there.

I am currently running an app, but will post it in the next couple of days. I am up opening windows to cool the place down more.

This is what I want to do... but the switches under Actions does not have everything its just on and of, I found it once where it listed all the buttons on the decive. but I cant get back to that.

I Installed an app by mistake so I uninstalled everything and then re-added Roku Connect... could that have caused an issue?

Is there a trick to controlling the volume with HE? I have a Roku Stick+ and would like to set a virtual switch to lower the volume of explosions and such at night, then just tap to return the volume to the previous level once all the characters start whispering to each other, but thus far volume does not seem to be an option on anything but the physical Roku remote. Not even their own app.

I was considering Broadlink, but that is not currently supported. Would this work if I bought a proper Roku Smart TV?

You can raise volume and lower volume. I can add a couple custom commands for loud and quiet, or some other macro volume change, along with a couple of settings for button delay in milliseconds, and volume up / down increment. That way you can set these up for for say, 15 increments, and 10s delay. It will spend 1.5 seconds pressing volume up/down accordingly. Then you can call this one command from a rule to make the macro volume change.

1 Like

Thank you!

I will take care of this when I get back from my camping trip.

1 Like

One thing I notice about my Roku TV (Wonder if this happens to you) is that it's slow to report either mediainput or app changes (or is HE slow in polling for them?)

Turn on the advanced refresh, then set the refresh interval to a short time, like 1 or 2 seconds.

The Roku does not report anything, I have to query the TV to determine the current state. A full refresh is very costly, so I don’t recommend that refresh running too aggressively.

This is my advanced timing settings:

I chose these specifically to make app change reporting very responsive while full system status reporting is very relaxed to avoid putting the hub into undue strain, trying to parse the large amount of xml data from the full refresh.

2 Likes

I am not seeing where it says on mode.

Thanx, I'll give that a whirl...

"power: PowerOn"

Yeah, I think mine is set pretty long, 5 minutes, so as to not create too much traffic but it can be hours later and it always says "power; PowerOn" and usually "Home" of nothing is playing. The application and mediaInputSource are always the same if not built-in to a TV.

If your media input source and application state the value as home / Roku while watching Netflix, then something is wrong. As a test, after changing the input source to Netflix app, press the refresh button and see what is reported.