[DEPRECATED] Ring Range Extender/Contact Sensor/Motion Sensor/Smoke and CO Listener

Yep.. Saw that

Correction.. Got my posts confused.. I released an aeotec range extender driver today too...

This range extender is 500 series.. But it has a battery backup and will repeat when power fails .. And will report power failure to the hub..

1 Like

I am excited about the Ring Alarm Smoke / CO Listener. I have Halos which are interconnected to the other smoke/co detectors to send me alerts when they go off but the Halos will expire in a few years. The Ring Alarm Smoke / CO Listener will give me just the option that I was looking for when my Halos have to be pulled down. @bcopeland Thank you for your efforts.

1 Like

Pushed an update:

• Improved duplicate event filtering

Added UK fingerprint to range extender .. thanks @Cobra

1 Like

Pushed an update to the range extender driver to enable a component child switch for easier triggers on power failure.. @Cobra suggestion ..

4 Likes

Changelog

2020-04-18 - Added importUrl to all drivers

1 Like

Thanks for your hard work on this. I went out and bought the Ring motion sensor pictured above (because I am bored and it was marked down at Lowe’s) and it worked straight away. Do you know if the Ring outdoor motion sensor works with this as well? It’s currently half the price of Hue.

1 Like

?? Can you post a link to this .. I’m not familiar with it..

Here it is. Thanks again.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Ring-Outdoor-Motion-Sensor/1001852440

1 Like

Ahh.. No this is part of their lighting stuff which is a whole different thing.. I’m not even sure what protocol it is using

Bummer. $25 for an outdoor sensor would have been nice. Oh well, I put the one I bought today outside anyway (under the eaves). It is kinda big for using indoors and was cheap if it dies.

@Ken_Fraleigh I know zooz has one

https://www.getzooz.com/zooz-zse29-outdoor-motion-sensor.html

$26

1 Like

and their support is awesome.. They provide firmware updates.. And they are active in the community.. @agnes.zooz

1 Like

Thanks. I'll have to keep that in mind. It shows as $34.95 currently, so maybe it will go on sale.
Because the wife probably wouldn't approve if she knew.

Whoops .. I swear it just said 26.. Maybe i had refurbished selected..

1 Like

Still an awesome company.. I’ve been really impressed with their support.. And a ton of people updated their zooz equipment this weekend.. Probably drove their support nutz with requests this weekend

2 Likes

It's WiFi but we can't reverse it because they use their own bridge/router. I support that motion sensor in my integration using their cloud and websocket to talk to it and get updates. The Ring security lighting bridge is required to use that sensor though.

And not to confuse anybody but the integration I linked is for when the devices are NOT connected directly to Hubitat. The drivers here in this thread are for when devices are connected directly to Hubitat (no Ring Alarm hub is in use).

2 Likes

Ahhh.. I was wondering.. It’s not documented anywhere.. Thanks for clarifying @codahq

My V2 will be in next week..

Hope to have some new drivers for y’all soon

1 Like