[RELEASE] RGBGenie Z-Wave Device Drivers (all)

Nice job! That's a chunk of work, and those devices are trickier than most standard zwave devices to write drivers for.

Kudos! :+1:

4 Likes

Ehem...
If I bothered to check the official supported device list first, I would have found this list! So, no, You are not mistaken! :slight_smile: :crazy_face::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

All these devices that RGBGenie has are rock solid and feature packed... I can’t recommend them enough..

1 Like

But it was so much fun

2 Likes

I can't thank @bcopeland enough for all his hard work on the Z-wave devices. He was pushing revisions faster than I could update my drivers and test them. The wife will be glad to have her kitchen back and not have LED tape laying everywhere.

It was a fun weekend watching these items come alive on Hubitat. The community here is truly the best I have ever seen.

Wish to also give @adamkempenich a shout-out for his contributions as well on the LED controllers.

I am super excited at the functionality these drivers offer and when devices work as good as these, it makes home automation fun.

5 Likes

I wanted to show everyone how fast this responds.. This is one of the touch panel’s relaying through the hub to the mirror app then controlling 3 overhead z-wave bulbs

4 Likes

Color temperature fade with no white led... This is just RGB LEDs

This is a color temperature algorithm run through a gamma correction algorithm to fully simulate CT with Red Green and Blue LEDs

4 Likes

Light Effects!

2 Likes

Color Temperature LED Strip 2 elements warmwhite and coldwhite transition..

2 Likes

I mostly just sent cowboy emojis (:cowboy_hat_face:)and some minor changes — @bcopeland is the real MVP here! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Just installed an RGBGenie controller in our office, coincidentally. Working super well.

4 Likes

The possibilities for hidden indirect lighting are great... I have so many ideas about what to use them for.. But it hasn't left my development test bench yet...

2 Likes

My kitchen cabinets are next... Will be good use of the CCT strips I bought for testing.

3 Likes

We are in the process of a re-model / fix up on our house .. After going through all this .. I'm thinking of some more un-conventional lighting now .. Lots of indirect lighting.. And in the areas that I can't get around direct lighting, they make some plastic defusing channels you can put these led strips in that makes it so you can't see the individual led spots

Get the 4 in 1 chipped strips. That'll help the dot effect.

1 Like

Yea.. but check this out:

Almost seamless

Perfect for using led strips in a direct lighting situation

You could really get creative with this stuff:

And RGBGenie has repeaters to extend the distance you can go with the strips.. They even have waterproof one for outdoors:

1 Like

I am going to check out that spotless series. Good find.

2 Likes

Update 2020-02-26

• Added importUrl to all drivers
  • Added optional gamma correction to LED Controller Driver
2 Likes

Will this work with any Z-Wave RGBW LED bulb? I have been using Hank bulbs, but they can be finicky. I don't know if it is the driver and the latest HE update combo or just the bulbs. My Rules trigger, but the bulbs don't react anymore. I can manually change them. I'd like to try a non-built in driver for testing.

1 Like

It can work with most via direct association. But some may have command class compatibility issues..But you can run it through the hub’s mirror app and use it with any bulb, even zigbee / wifi ones

I misunderstood your original question.. This driver will not work in place of your driver for that device... Somethings might work .. But results would be extremely unreliable