[RELEASE] Remotec ZTS-500US Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Driver

Ok, I saw a report on the events but not on the device page:

I don't know why @mike.maxwell doesn't add this thermostat to the generic driver....

Thanks

maybe I missed where someone said it works and submitted the fingerprint?

It kind of works with the generic driver, but all of the reporting configuration parameters are custom (and stupidly bit packed - different than any other thermostat I wrote a driver for... OH, and the parameter defs from the manufacturer seem to be incorrect in terms of the resultant value of the bit packing. So good luck.).

So in terms of just basic functionality the generic driver would work for it. But to setup reports correctly you would either need to send a custom command for only this thermostat in configure/install or just leave that out altogether.

Not sure it is worth spending much time on. But I'm biased since I don't use it any more. lol

If it's in the events, that's good. Sometimes the system can be goofy on showing/not showing some state variables on the device page (in my experience). But if the event is there, it is getting created like it should. :+1:

@JasonJoel. Thank you so much for the ZTS-500 driver. I am not seeing the battery state value. It has the same driver value as yours (z.112). Any advice?

No really. I don't own this thermostat any more, so can't do any further testing. When I did have it, all of mine were c-wire powered.

I'll take a peek at the driver when I get a chance and we if I left out something obvious that would impact battery reporting though.

Thank you. My house is from 1775, I endeavor to C-Wire all of my thermostats.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.