[RELEASE] Remotec ZTS-500US Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Driver

I suppose that -10 is the default, the nearest to the normal temp.

I use Farenheit.

Thanks again, I just replaced my nest thermostat with this.

Nevermind, I just changed it to -9 and it subtracted 9 degrees, so default is 0

No... Default is ZERO. -10 is the lowest, so the first one that shows up in the list.

EDIT: You beat me. I should have made it an enumeration, like I did on the GoControl driver, then I could have made 0 the one that showed by default.

1 Like

Hey Jason, sorry to bother you, what this warning means? I don't see the battery percent in the driver current states.

By the way, when I paired it was paired as device, not as thermostat, not sure if this is correct.

I didn't add a fingerprint to the driver, so I would expect it to add as a generic device when paired.

Since mine were hardwired I also didn't remember to do the battery report. I'm out of town this week for work but I'll add that to the driver real fast when I get back.

Hello Jason,

Are you getting this error? I don't have the battery percent in the device page

Thanks

I forgot to add the battery report to the driver because none of mine are battery powered. I'm away from the computer until Tuesday, but I'll happily add that in when I get back. In the meantime it doesn't actually hurt anything functionally, but it won't log the battery % events until I add that report to the driver.

1 Like

Yes please add it so I can monitor it, thanks a lot!

Hi Jason, are you going to update this? I still have the errors, thanks!

I just updated the driver on github, try the new version when you get time. If it doesn't work, please turn on debug logging and post the log entries.

You should not have to hit configure after updating the driver code.

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Hello Jason,

After the update the warn log disappeared, but the device is not showing the battery percentage, is this normal?

Thanks

I just updated the code to 1.4.1 and revamped the batteryreport section a little. Please try it when you have time, and let me know. I think it will work now.

If it doesn't work, please try to turn on debug logging and catch a time when the batteryreport comes in. The debug logging turns off after 30 min, so may be tricky to get, though...

1 Like

Updated to v1.5:

• Version 1.5 - 07/09/2019 Added thermostatSetpoint, lastRunningMode, allowing for Hubitat Google Home integration support
1 Like

Updated to v1.6:

• Version 1.6 - 07/14/2019 Attempt #3 on a working battery report. :slight_smile:
1 Like

Updated to v1.6.1 - Fixed a typo in BatteryReport code.

@vjv Not sure if you have tried the latest release, but I expect battery reporting will work correctly now. I use the exact same battery reporting code on my GoControl thermostat driver, and after yesterday's typo fix it is working as expected.

Sorry it took so long!

1 Like

Thanks for tagging me, I updated to 1.6 but not to 1.6.1, I did the update now. I will let you know if it works. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Jason,

How long I should wait to see the battery report?

Thanks

Good question. I can't remember if the zts report in every 24 hours like some other ones do or not...

No battery report yet. :pensive:

OK. It may be that it isn't configured to send them at all. I'll try to look at that - there is a parameter that configures what alerts are sent back to the hub - I just don't remember if battery % was one of those or not.