[RELEASE] Presence Plus - Creates a combined presence device

Thanks for support all your apps! Do you have anything other than PayPal setup, like Venmo/Zelle? I want to throw you some beer money :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Always appreciated!

Venmo: Bryan-Turcotte-MA

Hi @bptworld, I had a chance to capture another duplicate arrival event with the logs running. I did not change the setup at all and both arrival sensors, the hubitat geofence and and Owntracks phone presence, look to have been received sub-second. There were two PP events happening almost simultaneously. I'm guessing that the code just didn't have a chance to trap the first event and ignore, or account for, the second one. It's not a big deal and I don't know if there's anything you can do about it, I just wanted to provide updated information.

1 Like

New bundle...

1.1.9 - 08/30/22 - Working on stopping two instances running at the same time

1 Like

Hey Bryan, @bptworld, every time I run the updates for the Package Manager I am getting this error for the Presence Plus App, Is it pointed to the right place?

You now need to use

Bundle Manager

instead of HPM

Ohhhhhhh, thanks @JustinL I didn't know that. Does the bundle manager replace HPM completely?

At least for all of the apps by @bptworld.

Found the release thread for Bundle Manager, thanks for pointing this out to me.

1 Like

@bptworld
Not sure how atomicState.working got stuck to true for me, but I ended up needing to change initialize() to always set atomicState.working = false (not just when atomicState.working == null). That allowed me to 'reset' the app state to work again.

Trying to use a virtual switch to pause the app but changing the switch does not seem to pause the child device. Any thoughts.

Presence has been occasionally getting stuck” on present or not present for me. Any way to get a notification of that as a possible issue,, or auto reset?

I've been seeing the same thing. My Presence Plus device has been stuck on present since July 24 even though the individual devices feeding in (WiFi and Geofence for two different phones) have changed states many times that should have triggered not-present. Today I went in and updated the Presence Plus device settings. We'll see if that helps.

Happened again just now. I’m afraid I don’t know what the problem is. Since this one’s not being maintained anymore anyway, might be time for me to find another option. I like this one though :confused:

HI,
Without a debug log of when it should have changed, your guess is as good as mine. :man_shrugging:

Oh, hey, you’re back!? Are you offering support? If so I can provide a log. Just didn’t know since the first post still says it’s not being maintained. Understand if that’s the case, no problem, just helpful to know.

Not jumping in with both feet, but definitely willing to help out every now and then.

1 Like

@bptworld Finally got around to logging when presence plus gets stuck. It appears to be stuck on In statusUpdateHandler - Already working and can't escape. Any ideas on how to fix?

@bptworld I'm guessing that the app is somehow getting an error mid-processing in the statusUpdateHandler, so that it never reaches the end of that function to set atomicState.working = false. So I think what's needed is a safeguard to set atomicState.working = false at some point if it's gotten stuck... hmmm..

Not sure what the initial reason for the "working" state variable was, so hard for me to suggest a solution that wouldn't mess up its intent.

What about adding an "alreadyWorkingCount" variable that counts how many consecutive times the statusUpdateHandler has aborted processing early because of the atomicState.working = true. If a threshold is reached, it sets atomicState.working = false.

Thanks, made some changes. I'm going out for a bit, so it'll get a good test.

Will post back later.

1 Like