[RELEASE] Presence Plus - Creates a combined presence device

Can you show me how you have this setup (screenshots)?

Thanks

Sure... Note, the 30 minute poll happened about 6 or 7 minutes prior to this event.

Thanks, lemme know if you need anything else.

I see the issue, now I just need to think, think, think...

No worries, thanks for taking the time.

New bundle...

1.1.7 - 08/27/22 - Changing up the logic

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.

Hi @bptworld, again, thanks for all your work. This version appears to have a few copy/paste typos. Between lines 368 and 396 I was getting errors about can't act on a null...

EDIT: OK, after a couple of executions with debug logs, I noticed that it's a 'one', not an 'ell' (sorry the font makes it look the same) and that it should be in the astatus variable. So ultimately it looks like 3 locations 373, 380, 387 that should be state.a1status. Once I changed that, it looks like the app ran through OK and updated the correct presence.

Yup currently getting " errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property 'aStatus' on null object on line 373 (method statusUpdateHandler)"

After Update this morning I received my first error in ages

2022-08-27 10:00:17.181 am infoUpdating Bundle: https://github.com/bptworld/Hubitat/raw/master/Bundles/PresencePlus.zip

Received this when Presence was supposed to update
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property 'aStatus' on null object on line 373 (method statusUpdateHandler)

That's what I get for going out for the day!

New bundle...

1.1.8 - 08/27/22 - No, no, no - s1tate.aStatus :hushed:

2 Likes

Thanks for support all your apps! Do you have anything other than PayPal setup, like Venmo/Zelle? I want to throw you some beer money :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Always appreciated!

Venmo: Bryan-Turcotte-MA

Hi @bptworld, I had a chance to capture another duplicate arrival event with the logs running. I did not change the setup at all and both arrival sensors, the hubitat geofence and and Owntracks phone presence, look to have been received sub-second. There were two PP events happening almost simultaneously. I'm guessing that the code just didn't have a chance to trap the first event and ignore, or account for, the second one. It's not a big deal and I don't know if there's anything you can do about it, I just wanted to provide updated information.

1 Like

New bundle...

1.1.9 - 08/30/22 - Working on stopping two instances running at the same time

1 Like

Hey Bryan, @bptworld, every time I run the updates for the Package Manager I am getting this error for the Presence Plus App, Is it pointed to the right place?

You now need to use

Bundle Manager

instead of HPM

Ohhhhhhh, thanks @JustinL I didn't know that. Does the bundle manager replace HPM completely?

At least for all of the apps by @bptworld.

Found the release thread for Bundle Manager, thanks for pointing this out to me.

1 Like

@bptworld
Not sure how atomicState.working got stuck to true for me, but I ended up needing to change initialize() to always set atomicState.working = false (not just when atomicState.working == null). That allowed me to 'reset' the app state to work again.