[RELEASE] OwnTracks for Hubitat Presence Detection

For that error, can you open the OwnTracks in HE, under 'Mobile App Configuration' and then:

• Click 'Regions', then 'Next'
  • Click 'Location', then 'Next'
  • Click 'Display', then 'Next'

Looks like the defaults are not being loaded until you go to those screens. I'll do a fix for that, but the above should address the error.

1 Like

FYI, the iOS app doesn't have a "preferences" section. I believe the toggle is "cmd" (it's off by default). But "sub" is turned on.

Thanks for that. I'll double check today on the iOS/Android differences to clear up that confusion.

No errors in logs since I did the three steps - fixed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I pushed an update to:

• Address the undefined settings error if a user never clicks into the mobile location and display screens
  • Global warning disable for users that are configured but not enabled
  • Global warning enable/disable for users that have non-optimal phone configurations that will impact performance
  • New delete family member to remove members and their corresponding devices
1 Like

Thanks - I'll update!

Will this work with any annoying relative? :wink:

3 Likes

From Star Trek: "I'm a doctor Jim, not a magician!" :joy:

4 Likes

Or for those using a newer version of Android.

This screen doesn't exist in Android 14...

It's been replaced with...

Thanks for the heads-up on that...

It still exists in Android 14... Just need to hunt for it a little more... it can be found under battery usage in settings.

1 Like

@bptworld Which phone is that? The screen shots I posted are from my Pixel 7, on Android 14.

Trying to talk my wife into going somewhere but she's feeling like a long lazy morning. I wonder if it will help convince her if I tell her I want to test out the new Owntracks stuff? Nope, that would be a quick "No." :wink:

Regarding the update - I'm getting stuck on screen below - been about 5m. Not sure if it's an HPM issue or specific to the Owntracks update, but haven't had any issues w/HPM in recent memory.

That's odd. Does the logs show anything?

No errors in the logs, and the app/driver packages were updated from what I could tell (to 1.5.5 for app, and 1.5.3 for driver) even though the update appeared to hang.

I bailed out of the "Update" flow after a while and then did a repair and that completed normally.

So... :man_shrugging: :slight_smile:

Weird! I have had that on other apps through HPM. Not sure what the deal was, it just updated and didn't follow through to the "next".

1 Like

Here is a link that shows the steps to disable unused app hibernation by Android version. My Note 9 is operating on Android 10. Didn't think of the play store was the place.

FollowMee GPS Tracker | FAQ | How do I disable unused app hibernation in Android?

2 Likes

Interesting that's how it used to be managed in earlier versions. Thanks for the link.

@lpakula - finally had a chance to test the new setup taking the dogs for a walk, and it seemed to work perfectly for me. Caught my departure very quickly as well as return. The accuracy seems excellent. Looking forward to using this more. Thanks for all your work on this.

From device Events tab:

2024-01-01 13_30_44-Hubs, Network, & Tech

3 Likes

Why is the battery value not a battery value?

That's just how @lpakula set it up...you can choose what you want to display in the current states for the Battery attribute:

2 Likes

I guess I could have selected "Battery" as default. On the "presence" tiles for the dashboards, the top row is "Battery" and it happens to be a string. I reused it for more "useful" (IMO) things like location and since time:

It is a per-device setting.

4 Likes

Yes, I like your choice very much. I do not need HE to use a presence device tell me the battery level on my phone. :slight_smile:

Gotta say, I'm a real fanboy of your updates to Brian's Owntracks integration. Brian's version was great and served me very well, and yours feels like the deluxe/costs 25% more version. I keep checking my phone to see if I've been billed. :wink: Folks like you and @brianwilson who create & share stuff on your own time are very appreciated.

7 Likes