[Deprecated] Notifier Plus

@bptworld, thought I would give an update. Two weeks straight now, my two notifier child apps has successfully sent out proper notifications and placed the next event every 14 days in the Event Scheduler.

Kudos for working out the kinks!

Hope all is well with you!

Scott

1 Like

Glad is working for you!

I'm doing well, thanks. @cwwilson08 has me working on an awesome project that is really giving my mind a workout! I still get frustrated at times but slowly getting better. :upside_down_face:

Hopefully @chuck.schwer has some sort of workaround for us. Otherwise no more testing to do. I cant square it away.

No problem, I think they will add it to their app soon enough. :wink:

I think I'm ready to start working on the custom app too.

Lol got some insider information?

lol, no but it would take them literally less than an hour to add in the attributes.

1 Like

@bptworld can you explain how you set up an alarm clock using the notifier plus? Thanks

I like that and will use it thanks so much.

1 Like

Cool app, and a nice big step up from the regular Notifications app. Two questions from a newbie, if I might:

1. Is there no way to send a regular non-pushover notification? Not an SMS, not pushover, just a regular text-based notification.

2. When constructing the messaging content, can we not use other wildcards that aren't noted in the UI like %device% to include event device name, %value% to include event value, %text%, etc.?

TIA....

Thanks, this app was made to fill some voids in RM at the time. Since then RM 3 and 4 have come out making this app just a great learning tool. BTW, this app came out before the built-in Notifications app too. :wink:

Again, this came out before there were 'other' options when it came to push messages. You either used the built in SMS or Pushover. Since then HE has rolled out there own messaging service (with the app). This will push to the app without a problem.

Nope, just what is listed, device and time. This was originally designed to just be a fancy alarm clock app but grew into much more due to user requests.

Although this app had its place and time, it's no longer needed. With RM4, RM can do everything this app was meant to do. I leave it up and available so others can use any of the code if they want but it won't be getting any updates. Sorry.

Totally understand....thanks for the context.

1 Like

Hello All,

I am sorry if this has been asked previously, but I did not see it :slight_smile:

Can I take an existing RM4 rule and run it through Notifier Plus at a certain time to basically control the volume of a device?

I did not see where I could run Notifier Plus using multiple triggers (Example: Time + Motion Active).

Thanks Again
Matt

Nope, but that's what Follow Me/What did I say is for.

OK thank you, Google can not adjust volume or return to previous volume correct?

Thanks Again
Matt

With 'Follow me/What did I say' it can

Oh weird, sorry I am new and getting up too speed, I saw this when testing my first Follow me/What did I say child:

Just installed this. Looks pretty cool so I thought I'd give it a test.

I setup a reminder for Garbage Day. Which is Monday (today). I set the time to 9:15am to send to Pushover and announce on Google Home.

At 9:15am it did start but I get this error and did not get any notification.

2019-11-11 09:15:00.259 am [error] Cannot invoke method currentValue() on null object on line 519 (dayOfTheWeekHandler)

I just created another test.

Trigger at 11:30am Send Pushover notification. I get this message
Garbage Today - Control Switch is OFF - No need to run.

What does this mean Switch of OFF?

Ok I think I might have figured this out. I had to create a Vertical Switch and leave it in the ON state for the rule to run?