[DEPRECATED] NOAA Weather Alerts

2.3.0 - fixed google mini initialization errors - kudos to Cobra for coding guidance

@aaron Loaded new version. Ran Test Alert but volume stayed at 60. Should it go up on the test alert or not? Would a slight wait after initialize help (before the announcement) to let the speaker initialize first? Also I had to do a Refresh after initialize to get them to work before.

I placed a pause right after the initialize. Can you do a couple things for me as I don't use gMinis at the home.

1. Ensure logging is on so you can capture anything that might popping up as an error but is suppressed by logs. I originally had this code in back in 2.4 but I kept getting errors so dumped it after a few other users said it was working.
  2. On line 532 there is a pause execution command after the speechspeaker.initialize(). Currently it is waiting just 1 second or 1000. Change the pause to 2000 and maybe even 3000 and report back to me if that was successful.

Also for right now change the repeat in # of minutes down to 2 or 3 minutes so you are not waiting forever. 1 minute might be too short.

@aaron Changed line 532 to 2000, no change. So I changed lines 532 and 534 to 2000 and that worked. Heard the chirp and the volume went up to 80, after announcement it chirped again and went back to 60.
Also I am not seeing the test alert repeating.

Ok I will make those changes and look at the repeat for test message.

2.3.1 - fixed google mini volume issue and test repeat scenario - kudos to razorwing for troubleshooting

@aaron Glad I could help. Volume and 2nd announcement working great!

1 Like

@aaron I saw this in the logs and wondered what it was trying to tell us. Anything?

app:10072019-07-09 02:18:12.319 pm warnWeather.gov API did not respond to JSON request.

That website (or something between) dropped the query. It will catch it next time... probably :slight_smile:

One of those is no big deal, 10 is a big deal.

Ok, I will keep an eye on it. thanks

Yeah I just capture it to ensure there isn’t API changes that I miss. The API service does have outages every so often. As csteele said it isn’t anything to worry about.

Ok, thanks, I will ignore it unless it goes crazy.

1 Like

@aaron Just wanted to let you know that we had a different kind of alert here. We follow an app on our phone (radar express) and it had a "Significant Weather Alert". It was for a 'strong' thunderstorm warning that would include heavy rain, high wind, localized flooding, and nickel size hail. Does NOAA have this type? If it does can it be included?
The other alert we got was an "Air Quality Alert" for ozone. Does NOAA have that too? Thanks

Can you share your NOAA app settings?

Which ones are you interested in specifically, I am not sure what to show you?

Just take screen shots of all the options in the app. You can send it via PM if you would like.

I have not done a PM in HE. How do you do this?

Just click on my name and then hit the message icon.

Thanks, did not know this. I have sent them to you.

Forgive me but what is the purpose of this file? Is it truly a watchdog for the app to ensure that it doesn't lockup sometime and therefore is optional?