[Release] Nexia Thermostat Manager (XL850 and XL824)

Reimport the driver code - the ST code didn’t have that requirement - and hit Initialize

Thebearmay ... thanks for the update.

Please understand that I am a newbie ... So I copied the driver code in and saved ... and I have the latest installed.

To initialize I rebooted the hub.

I see no difference in the Current states, and my condition still hangs.

Could you explain to me if I went wrong somewhere please? BTW ... this is not critical so feel free to respond at your leisure.

Should have an Initialize button now, and it should populate the supportedThermostatModes attribute if pressed.

thebearmay I apologize for not knowing where to look ... but where would the initialize button be and/or how would I get to it? I don't see it in the Thermostat Device window. Can you please clarify how I get to initialize?

Re-pull the driver code there was a slight regression error that removed a line. Once you’ve done that you should see:

Sorry if it was stated - does this work with the 1050XL Trane thermostat?

Haven't tested it with that one, but it might work.

Oh yeah!!! :grin: I have the initialize button and the supportedThermostatModes shows up now. Thanks for the immediate feedback and updating the driver. :clap:

I apologize for the tardy update ... life got in the way!

1 Like

Hey thebearmay- Back in Sep4 '22, you helped me get this app/device set up and working for my XL824. Worked great- so good that I haven't even paid attention to it. ...but I recently noticed the thermostat wasn't following my "mode" schedule set up in Hubitat. I "repaired" the app through HPM to make sure I had the latest app/driver.
I noticed in the virtual thermostat- the holdstatus showed "Scheduling Disabled" and found I didn't have the scheduling option "on" at the thermostat. I turned the option on and it now appears the thermostat is following the default schedule from the xl824.

I've tried deleting the default schedule within the xl824 but that didn't help. It seems the xl824 isn't accepting the schedule from Hubitat. ...but Hubitat must be communicating with the xl824 because I seen "Scheduling Disabled" changes to whatever is active in the xl824.
I've tried everything I know to do and would appreciate any direction or guidance,

This is the mode schedule I'm trying to follow:

It's been a while, but I believe I turned off the scheduling on the physical thermostat, and then used HE to set the Heating and Cooling points as overrides.

Thats how it was initially set and the holdstatus in Hubitat showed "Scheduling Disabled" and a "Permanent Hold". Whenever I tried to force " Return to Schedule", it would revert back to Permanent Hold .
When I seen the snapshots in the thread above from Aussie- I seen the holdstatus shows "Following Schedule - Afternoon" and "Following Schedule - Home".
So, thats when I tried turning on the scheduling function at the XL824.

I'm going to uninstall, thru HPM, the Nexia app, then reinstall and start from scratch .