[Depecrated] My Next Manager for your Nest® Tstats (firmware below 2.3), Protects and Sensors: all Nest attributes available (home/away, motion detection, setTargetHumidity, setHotWaterBoost) for automation-and no throttling!

Ouch, that blows (not your fault at all, my ire is directly at Google).

Please let us know if you find a workaround otherwise I’ll plan to swap out thermostats in September. Unsure if I’ll keep the protects…

My plan as well. But I'm not sure if this integration will completely go away. As I'm reading the FAQ's, the first step is to migrate your Nest account to a Google Home account. And seeing as MyNext Manager supports Google Accounts, I would tend to think it will still work. But I'm not the developer and if it still relies on the Nest API's, regardless of the account used for authentication, then I could see how it would go away.

I really hope that some work around or solution is found. I've loved this app and switching out 2 thermostats and 10 protects would be costly.

1 Like

I've switched to a Google Home account since coming over to C7 (now on C8) from SmartThings and haven't have any issues.

@yracine66, Can you clarify or educated guess whether your integrations will continue to work with thermostats if we have already migrated from Nest to Google account?

I have recently acquired some Keen smart vents which need some smart control over them. I’ve gotten rid of my Nest sensors, use a whole bunch of Zooz, Sonoff, and Aqara sensors around the house, and really only use the Nest thermostat to be controlled by Thermostat Controller and Thermostat Scheduler. Will the necessary apps you provide continue to work? Which apps package do you suggest?

Hi @neerav.modi That's my educated guess for the moment. Unfortunately, we'll know only end of September.

1 Like

Hi @neerav.modi, I'd recommend ScheduleTstatZones which can use different types of sensor to adjust the thermostat's setpoint similar to what's Nest is doing with its Nest sensors.

With this app, you don't need Thermostat Controller or ThermostatScheduler as the ScheduleTstatZones can schedule up to 12 different schedules during the day.

P.S. I have also responded to your email with more details.
Regards.

1 Like

@yracine66 - Quick question for you. Is there a state or item I can monitor or set notification on to alert me if my AC shuts off due to overflow sensor? The thermostat reports it lost power to the red wire. Not sure if there is a condition or state that is reported by the thermostat that I can send my phone an alert. Thank you for a great app.

No, I don't know of any such state that the code can report.

My Nest thermostat finally failed due to the known wifi chip in the early versions of the Gen3 units. I replaced the thermostat, but cannot get the MyNextManager to control the new thermostat. It's as if the previous one was never removed. How can I get the MyNext app to see the new thermostat? I've stepped through the app and it shows there, but I think that's the old one. Do I need to Remove the device from the Hubitat hub and then step through the app setup again? I've migrated my account to Google already and the devices are pulled in.

EDIT: I can change the Structure mode between Home and Away, but I cannot set Eco mode or set any temperature point. To me, this shows that the app is connected to the account, but not the thermostat itself.

Hi,

Your tstat may be a recent model which is not linked to the Nest structure as the old one, hence not allowing any control.

As I wrote to you before, this integration may not work after end of September as the WWN servers will be shut down.

I'm planning to close this thread pretty soon.

Sorry, but this is a Nest decision, not mine.

Regards

I get that your app may not work by the end of this month, but I'm hopeful that it will still continue but using the Google auth side. I migrated my account to Google and changed your integration from Nest to Google. Even though I've done this, are you saying that your app still uses the Nest side of the house to work?
I removed my old thermostat from my account, and even told your app to not use cache. But it is still finding my old thermostat and not my new one.

The WWN (Works With Nest) servers are required for this integration. It's not about a Nest or Google account question.

The way I understand the announcement made by Nest, all WWN servers will be shut down at the end of the month.

Regards

AH... Dang it. Thanks for all you've done

I'm wondering if I'll have to spark up my Smartthings just for nest integreation... unless it won't work there either?

Hi, sorry but the problem is on the Nest WWN servers side, not on the hub side of things.

Regards

1 Like

Google SDM API is the going forward method for the Nest Thermostats. No discredit to @yracine66, his integration was fantastic. There are a few steps to integrate the SDM API, and a one time $5 charge by Google for the device console access, but I had both my Thermostats moved over within a couple of hours. (Including updating all my rules) Rumors are that Google will be including the Protects into their APIs. But only time will tell on this.

I am looking to control the following 110-240V fan coil unit smart thermostat Apollo FCU Thermostat Spec Sheet with ScheduleTstatZones or similar... do you know if that is possible? Primarily I want them to be able to talk to each other (when two thermostats are in the same room), turn on and off manually through routines, and use other temperature sensors to determine zone temperature instead of only directly at the thermostat. This is seemingly the only 110-240V smart thermostats that does both heating and cooling on the market.

Thanks and appreciate any advice!

Hi @user1657, to my knowledge, there is no driver under Hubitat for this tstat.

You'd need a driver in order to control the tstat with ScheduleTstatZones.

Regards

Looks like it supports modbus tcp/mqtt and BACnet MSTP... What if I can send/receive commands to with mqtt or similar? Still no way to make it work?

Edit: I found a HA thread for the MC6 which I think is the same exact hardware here: MC6 Thermostat - #315 by fabyano - Third party integrations - Home Assistant Community

Closed per OP's request.