[Release] Multi Sensor Plus

Multi Sensor Plus

Make your virtual switches more useful!!

Average: Temperature, Humidity, and Illuminance - Group: Locks, Contact, Motion, Water, Presence, and Sound Sensors - Plus a Virtual Switch - All In One Device -

This is a simple app that lets you combine multiple sensors into one device. Group all sensors for rooms or zones to access all of the information in one device. Average the Temperature, Humidity, and Illuminance of multiple sensors. Group Locks, Contact, Motion, Water, Presence, and Sound Sensors to easily see which sensors are open,wet,active etc..Make virtual switches more useful.

• Use the virtual switch to enable/disable motion lighting rules with Google home - include contact,temperature, and humidity information within the virtual device for the ability to retrieve the information from Google home.
    *(Community Maintained Google Home Integration required)
  • Group your Nest Cameras to see if a person, sound, or motion is detected and which camera is active *(Google SDM API - Nest integration required)

When installing you must add the virtual device(s) using the "Virtual Multi Sensor Plus" Driver first

This app is also compatible with the following built in virtual devices:

-Virtual Temperature sensor *temperature averaging only -Virtual Thermostat *temperature averaging only -Virtual Humidity sensor *humidity averaging only -Virtual Illuminance sensor *Illuminance averaging only

*-All other attributes will only work with the Virtual Multi Sensor Device Driver-

Download Link

Screenshots-

I use this app to consolidate all of the averaging, grouping, and motion zone apps I was using. by doing so, I was able to eliminate over 15 "app" lines and 10 "device" lines in Hubitat.

This is my first app. I hope some users will find it useful.

--updated 7-5-21-- Added auto off and toggle options, Improved status update method.

*--updated 11-20-23-- Added WaterLeak, CO, and Smoke capabilities w/ non standard values for google home community app

*--updated 02-25-24-- Added capability : Carbon Dioxide Measurement

8 Likes

Very very cool.
Is this mostly on way (multi-sensors updating this sensor's values), or if in the example in your screenshot you hit "off" does it propagate down to the other sensors? (I don't need that, just curious so I can debug if that accidentally happens).

Nope. The on and off is just like a virtual on/off switch. It only changes the switch attribute.

updated 7-5-21-- Added auto off and toggle options, Improved status update method

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.