[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

It’s not because of power consumption. We power off the Harmony Hub so the kids don’t wake up to early and switch on the Tv. Since we started doing this, the morning has become much better. Kids sleep longer and are having a way better mode. :slight_smile:

Do you know if it’s possible to force a cloud sync from HE? We really like this implementation. But if it isn’t possible, we will just skip the Home Control buttons on the remote.

No clue. Have you left it for a few hours to see if they just start working again eventually?

Yes, but unfortunately that didn’t help. Refreshing the parent device didn’t help either.

You could create an automation that runs in the morning if any Harmony Activity is turned on before whatever specific time the children are allowed to watch TV. That automation could then send a TTS announcement to a nearby speaker that informs them they have broken a house rule, and that punishment will be forthcoming... Then turn off the TV... :wink:

7 Likes

That is pretty clever @ogiewon

@ogiewon - QQ for you - I have been reading here, but still a bit confused.

In SmartThings, I had the Harmony integration set up so that when I started an activity, the remote also turned on a ST device (it is a smart plug that my subwoofer is plugged in to). Is that possible using your integration between Hubitat and Harmony? I am thinking not, but just wanted to confirm. I have the Elite remotes, so no buttons for smart devices - they are just listed in the activity & turn on/off with it.

Thank you for the help - I appreciate it!

P.S. if they are not available, any suggestions on what to do? I am OK leaving the subwoofer power plugs in ST & keeping the Harmony integration as-is for them, but I have moved all my other devices to HE, and I would also like the remote to adjust the blinds, lights, etc. If there is no control of HE devices from Harmony routines, then I am kinda stuck, I think, unless I link ST & HE? (read about that, but have not done it yet)

Sure, this is possible, albeit in a slightly different manner... All you need to do is set up a Rule Machine rule (or possibly a Simple Automation) that is triggered by the Harmony Hub Activity "Switch" turning on. Then simply have the Action of that Rule be to turn on or off whatever devices you'd like (of course, these devices need to be connected to your Hubitat hub.)

If you want to try to use the 'Bulb' and 'Socket' buttons on your remote, take a look at the following post which describes in detail how to get those 4 buttons to behave as Hubitat Pushed/Held Button Devices.

The overarching issue is that Logitech is not working with companies like Hubitat to implement new official integrations. Thus, we have to make do with what is available. The good news is that my integration is 100% local, and does not rely on the Logitech Cloud servers whatsoever.

@ogiewon

Is there a way to track button presses for devices?

I want to do something pretty cool with my Firestick+ADB+EventGhost but, for this to happen, I need to know this.

Using webCoRE, I want to say "if this button is pressed launch this firetv app".

The possibilities for a button tracking could be endless.

"If pause is pressed and lights are below 20% and it's 45 mins after sunset, brighten to 40%"

This could mean a bathroom break in the middle of a movie.

That would be "harmony on steroids" lol

I don’t think pressing those buttons on the remote generates any webSocket traffic. Enable Debug logging, watch live logs, and press some buttons to see if anything is logged.

It's not logging button presses. :frowning:

Hey Dan @ogiewon just wanted to let you know that I got your integration of Harmony into Hubitat installed today and it works like a charm. With this I can now control my home theater from HousePanel and write HP rules to connect various lights and things to my TV status without hitting the cloud. Thanks so much for this outstanding integration. I am curious how you figured out the undocumented WebSocket calls. Did you use the Harmony API that KuKu Harmony uses? I'm just curious.

2 Likes

That's great! Glad to hear it is of value to you!

A while back, Logitech locked down the API that KuKu uses. This caused developers to look for alternatives and some very creative and talented folks started to reverse engineer the webSockets API that was still open on the hub. I believe these were some Home Assistant devs, who then published their work on GitHub. I was then able to use that as a starting point to create this integration. Later, Logitech listened to their users and re-opened the other "Developer API" as opt-in feature. I chose to stick with the webSockets interface, as it works very well.

1 Like

Thanks — that explains why my KuKu install stopped working one day and then mysteriously started working again.

1 Like

@ogiewon

I renamed two activities on the MyHarmony app, but it didn't rename on the refresh or initialize. Can I safely remove them from the drivers and refresh/initialize to get the new activities to properly name themselves?

The Parent will not 'rename' child activity devices. You should be able to remove the child devices and they will be automagically recreated if you click SAVE in the Parent Device's user preferences/settings.

Thanks!

Looking at my Parent driver code, you really don't need to delete the child devices. Just rename them manually to whatever you'd like them to appear as in Hubitat. The names of the Child Activity devices do not need to match those in the Harmony Hub App.

They were still named the old names on webCoRE... That's why I was being a stickler about it.

If you change the LABEL on a device in Hubitat, webCoRE doesn't pick up that change?

Correct, at least it didn't for me.