[RELEASE] Linptech/Moes 24Ghz Presence Sensor ES1 ( TS0225 _TZ3218_awarhusb ) drivers

Here’s what the MOES (same sensor) offers up. My guess is the rings are 0.5 meters since range scales out to 6 meters.

4 Likes

Thanks for reminding me of that graphic.

I was having issues w/the sensor in the hall bath mounted on side of the vanity facing the shower. The sensor is 34" off the ground, mounted right next to the wall shared by the bathroom and my closet. The sensor is perpendicular to the wall. Unfortunately the sensor was triggering on motion on the other side of the wall in my closet when we were near area.

I got a small sheet of aluminum (about 18"x8") and mounted it on the wall inside my closet right next to where the sensor is on the other side of the wall in the bathroom. I mounted the aluminum sheet horitzontally so that it starts about 3" to the left of where the sensor is and extends 15" to the right, and vertically so that the sensor is in the middle of the area covered by the sheet. I have a bookcase in the closet in that spot and I had some luck as it hides the metal sheet nicely from what would be my wife's disapproving eyes. :slight_smile:

Works perfectly - I can move around in the area in the closet and the hall bathroom sensor is not triggering and turning on the lights (which was driving my wife bonkers). Funny...she leaves lights on all over the house constantly, but if any of the automations ever turn on a light when they shoudln't it's a national emergency... :wink:

1 Like

Oops...had my second instance of one of my Linptechs falling off the mesh. The device was functioning, the blue light starting flashing when I moved around in front of it, but nothing was getting to the hub. Unplug-replug reconnected it. This is the same unit that fell off before, I had meant to return it but managed to forget to do that. On this unit I have been using an adapter to go from a micro USB cable to a USB C connector, so I replaced that w/a standard USB C cable and will let it run again...

@danabw can you tell which driver you are using for the Linptech 24ghz sensor? Thanks

@gassgs'

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gassgs/Hubitat-Apps-and-Drivers/master/Drivers/Linptech%2024Ghz%20Presence%20Sensor%20ES1.groovy

1 Like

We can vote the Linptech sensor in the Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2023.

4 Likes

Already did

2 Likes

I am receiving this error:

Metadata Error:Please check if you inadvertently pasted driver code into apps code window on line 31.

any way of correcting this error ??

Make sure you are pasting the code as "Drivers Code" :

https://docs2.hubitat.com/en/how-to/install-custom-drivers

@user5806 I just noticed that one of my previous links was wrong (pointing to custom Apps instead of drivers). I have corrected the link.

3 Likes

installing as a driver code worked.... Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I recently added the Linptech Human Presence Sensor ES1 to my HE C-8. But when I plug in the device, which is paired to my C-8 using the driver posted on this thread, the entire hub/ Zigbee network becomes unresponsive. Is there anything I can do to solve this issue? My Zigbee channel is on: 20.

That's odd, never heard that one before. Tagging @kkossev in case he has some wisdom.

Have you tried:

1. Reset/re-pairing it
    or
  2. Removing it and re-pairing it?

I tried that as well and same reult. In fact when plug in the Linptech, one of my sengled zigbee outlet flickers on/off repetitively, but even if I remove the sengled off my mesh network the Linptech still bring my C-8 to a complete hault.

1 Like

Bizarre. I have no idea, frankly. If you remove the sensor from your hub and plug it in, I assume there is no effect, right? I know, I sound a little crazy... :wink:

Don't remember hearing anything like this before...I had an issue w/a few Aqara contact sensors not playing nicely w/the Linptech on my C8, but nothing like what your describing. I think you may need to wait for a bigger brain than mine.

I guess in the meantime you could try shutting down your hub, wait a , remove power, wait a minute, restore power and try the sensor again.

It could also a faulty linptech device. Last resort will be to buy another device and see if the same problem occurs.

1 Like

Remember that the Linptech sends a near constant stream of distance values. Once a second is what pops off the top of my mind. You can select to ignore them in the driver.. to reduce the processing time BUT they still come in, consuming RF bandwidth. Then suppose you have a bad device that is sending 10 times a second instead of 1. I could see it causing the Zigbee radio to be inundated.

I would suggest returning it for a new device.

1 Like

Hi guys, this is an insanely long thread. My Linptech arrived today so I have a few questions if you can help please:

• What does static static sensitivity mean?
  • As above, my sensor seems to remain with motion active when I'm not in the room. Can this sensor see through walls?
  • What is the fade time setting? I don't understand what this does?

Appreciated in advance and merry Christmas

I am answering to my best knowladge:

These sensors can detect you even when you sleep and hardly move at all with its radar. So, how sensitive do you like the radar to be.

In some cases and depends on the wall,,,,,,yes. Try playing with the sensitivity to avoid unwanted detections.

In my words - how much time with no new detection until the sensor will report INACTIVE.

1 Like

Brilliant and appreciated. I'll have. Aplay with my new Christmas gift

1 Like

One more thing that helped me when the device got stuck on ACTIVE was to reset the device (push the front button for 5 seconds till the light flashes and re-join with adding zigbee device). Choose the device you already setup in HE and you are good to go.