[RELEASE] Life360 with States - Track all attributes with app and driver. Also supports RM4 and Dashboards!

He may be scaling the avatar size. In the driver for the user under preferences, there is a Avatar Size by Percentage. I made mine 45% and it seemed to do it. YMMV.

@bptworld would be able to shed some light maybe.

@bptworld

Feature requests - global variables for avatar size and font size moved into parent app

Exactly, everyone's tile grid is different, so what works for one may not work for others. So the size by percentage will take care of it.

There are other tiles coming (Place history will be next) and are all handled and stored in the driver. Technically, each tile could be on a different dashboard with a different grid size so each tile would need it own avatar size and font size. Since they are all handled in the driver that's where the options are.

Just wanted to thank you for working on this. Great stuff!

3 Likes

New version on Github...

Driver:
V1.0.7 - 07/10/19 - Added code for dashboard tiles, Info and Places

1 Like

only thing was i thought I had to add the virtual devices for the users, but the auto generated ones were there.
Thanks for the great app

1 Like

New version on Github...

Driver:
V1.0.8 - 07/12/19 - Minor changes, code cleanup

1 Like

New version on Github...

App:
V1.1.3 - 07/12/19 - 1 min update http calls now use async thanks to cwwilson08

New version on Github...

Driver:
V1.0.9 - 07/1619 - Code touch ups by cwwilson08

A suggested for a feature change: "On the move" notifications are really, really chatty. I'd suggest that someone be considered on the move once after having been in a fixed place.

Gertrude has arrived at the liquor store 57m ago
Gertrude is on the move near the liquor store 48m ago
Gertrude has arrived at home 2m ago

Like that.

Update: Never mind. I forgot that you get a has departed notification as well, which serves the same purpose as on the move above. Therefore, I can just turn off on the move notifications and get exactly what I want.

2 Likes

New version on github...

Driver:
V1.1.0 - 07/17/19 - Added map link to attributes

New version on Github...

App:
V1.1.4 - 07/23/19 - Places list now in alphabetical order.

New BIG update on Github...

First the bad news... This is a destructive update. All child device and app must be deleted before installing and updating to this new version.

Now the good news... As requested, all child apps will now be automatically created in a container!

Special thanks to @stephack for his amazing virtual container code and for allowing others to use/modify and learn from it!

App:
v1.1.5 - 07/28/19 - Members are now created within a virtual container 'Life360 Members'. Thanks to code by @stephack

Driver User:
V1.1.2 - 07/28/19 - Squashed a bug

Driver Container:
v1.0.1 - 07/28/19 - Stripped down to the bare minimum so this version only works with Life360 with States
- Changed name/namespace/author to stop any confusion between this version and the original, original header/credit still intact
- Added info box, Debug Logging switch and importURL

Have fun!

I need some help understanding the relationship between the Presence "devices" and Life360 (native Hubitat) vs. Life360 with States.

I have free Life360 version with Home and Work defined in Life360. The geofence defined in Life360 for Home is fairly large (about a mile in circumference) .. so that "I'm getting home" actions will start well before I'm actually coming in the door.

Around the time you released Life360 with States, I replaced the native app with it, and added Tracker and created child presence devices. I defined places including "Home" there.

It seems that now my arrival at Home doesn't happen in Hubitat when Life360 sees that I'm within the one mile circumference geofence. This may sound like a dumb question .. what app/condition is triggering my presence. The device type is Life360 User, but I feel certain that replacing the native app with Life360 with States and Tracker is where I need to focus troubleshooting.

The next version will grab the two Places the free version lets you create (Home and Work). So there will be no need to create them in 'My Places'.

Thanks

OK, I look forward to that and will upgrade. However, my basic question is whether the Home as defined in Life360 with its geofence is what gets surfaced in Hubitat as my presence. Even though I also have Home defined in Life360 Tracker with similar radius.

New version on Github...

App:
v1.1.6 - 08/06/19 - Added new attribute, lastUpdated

Driver User:
v1.1.3 - 08/06/19 - Added new attribute, lastUpdated

So all the iPhones in my circle like to bounce in and out of my home location at least once on arrival.

I was going to try to add a two minute delay or so before it reports departed. Then realized I was not sure how to do it. Any ideas?

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Let me see what I can come up with.

1 Like

Well I took a swing and a miss. Will poke at it a bit more.