[RELEASE] Life360 with States - Track all attributes with app and driver. Also supports RM4 and Dashboards!

Thanks. I pushed a fix for the DC showing when on BTRY to @bptworld to publish. I do not experience the other issue you are reporting though. Bryan - below the summary there is a note related to 1.5.2 you might want to check out?

@jonathanm8 - if you are still choosing to stay on 2.5.0 for now, you can manually search and replace the below to get the DC indicator fixed:

sendEvent( name: "powerSource", value: (charge ? "DC":"BTRY"))
    to:
  sendEvent( name: "powerSource", value: (charge == "true" ? "DC" : "BTRY"))

Would need to see a debug log.

Merged. :grinning:

Changed all the code back to the new version and made sure debug was on in the states app, will report back when the wife and daughter leave in about an hour and submit the logs DM or something.

Please take a look at post #1 on how to post logs. :wink:

Thanks for the app. Just got my HE hub and setting everything up. I'm having a problem with the tiles on the dashboard. I'm getting a scroll bar and can't figure out how to remove the last line of data (last update).
Screenshot 2020-12-27 002136 Screenshot 2020-12-27 002152

Make the tile deeper or reduce the font size.
Your images also can be set to remove the missing images icon display on the left of your tiles.

1 Like

@Angus_M I tried that with no luck. Reducing the font size on the dashboard only affects the attribute and "device" name. Making the tile deeper takes us a lot of room and has a lot of blank space. I have the icons working. I just don't have one uploaded to my account in LIfe360.
Screenshot 2020-12-27 092151

Everyone's screen size and resolution is different. You just have to play around with how many tiles fit on a dashboard to you find a good balance. Typically going with a higher number of tiles will give you more control on making things fit.

Here's mine. Actually I also had to set them quite deep but I think they look fine (it did take quite some fiddling around to get it perfect). It's a custom dashboard so I was able to lay these tiles out on a page dedicated to "presence" to make it look cool. On the left it shows my cascade approach to presence (eg. multiple conditions, including Life360, which set the final combined presence for each person and then finally an "Everyone is out" switch).

Anyway, it may give you some ideas!

And my "light" theme just for the heck of it :rofl:

1 Like

Is there a way to get these attributes in Webcore? (PrevAddress1, PrevAddress2, Battery,Charging, Last Checkin, etc)

@bptworld- I'm confused. Maybe you can make some sense out of this. I've been using your app without any issues for at least a year. (thank you!!) About 2 days ago, my wife's phone started reporting "Not Present" even though she was at home. The tile below says that her phone is 0.01 miles from Home. If that's not present, I'm not sure what is. I checked the Life 360 site and everything seems fine there. I checked the HE logs and nothing irregular there. I've restarted her phone, and same issue. I run the same app / setup on my phone, and I'm not having issues. I could understand if the app was reporting that the phone was X miles from home, but since it's not, I'm confused. What defines "presence"??

status

• update : true
  • presence : not present

Well- not sure what to make of this, but moved her phone away from the house and back and now she's
"Present" :man_shrugging:

@jonathan.lorber, how did you get the tile with no avartar? trying to make mine look the same

@jschlote, there is an avatar on the tile... I just cut that part out for the screenshot.

thanks @jonathan.lorber, thought maybe I missed an option to do that

Sounds like this might be related to one of the comments above but I want to make sure. I have a notification rule set up to send a push notification when my life360 shows home or departed. Since I have updated to the latest version I am now getting push notification saying the person has arrived about every minute or so when in fact they have departed. I do not get the notifications when they are “home” though. The rules etc. I have set up depending on being home or away seem to work fine and I can shut off the notifications for now but it was handy to be able to see when the hub noticed me being home vs when Life360 says I am home. Let’s me know when rules aren’t working timely.

I pushed a new maintenance release to @bptworld that should address the frequent event generation and increase the reliability of location updates.
Thanks,

Summary

This is as an interim play towards a richer interface with Life360 that I am playing with but is currently blocked by my calendar availability to finish and test it.
In short, the current update should address the current issues reported with more to come. Please continue to report any issues encountered with this coming release.

All set, new version on GitHub.

Thanks

1 Like

Awesome, I will update it and re-enable my notifications and see what happens. Thanks

Just updated. It seems like the battery level (while my phone is currently being charged) is being reported slower than before.