[RELEASE] Life360 with States - Track all attributes with app and driver. Also supports RM4 and Dashboards!

Testing since this morning. So far so good.

1 Like

Looking great so far! What is MAX gps jump? GPS seconds?

1 Like

It's the max distance to move without reporting. If your getting notices that your coming and going without really moving, make this number bigger.

Working perfectly since the fixed. Thanks @bptworld !!

1 Like

Working well here! Thanks!!

Just curious to what the metric was...clearly not miles or km...lol

Radius in meters. :grin:

1 Like

I've had it working consistent since the last code update. Thanks for this!

BTW, set my Max GPS jump to 35.

1 Like

Have been using this app for about a week or so with the free Life360 account. Two days ago I upgraded to Life360 premium, hoping that the "address" fields would populate and that the tile would no longer say "Between Places". It did not happen and after 2 days I'm still getting the same states as if I'm using the free account. Any idea? TIA!

Looks like you don't have any Saved Places. Be sure you have notifications turned on for each place you want to track, in the Life360 app.

Other than that, be sure you open the Life360 with States app and hit 'done' to grab the new info.

Thanks @bptworld. So the "address1" field only populates when the current location/address matches one of the locations in "Saved Places"? For example where it says "Near 100-8443 Eagle Landing Pkwy, Chilliwack....." in the Life360 screenshot below - since that address wasn't previously added to Saved Places, therefore it doesn't get pulled by the Hubitat app?

Saved places aren't places your previously been. It is a list of all the places you have saved (and turned notifications on) in the Life360 app. Again, go into the Life360 app and look at your Places. Are notifications turned on for each place?

Yes I understand what Saved Places is. I don't have anything in Saved Places as I don't have any specific location to track. I guess I was just having the wrong impression that via the Hubitat app I'd be able to see my wife's current location as she drives, say she's on ABC street, and the next minute she'd be on DEF street...etc, just like how it's shown in the Life360 app.

Hi,

Thanks for this app and all of the others you've created.

I've installed and configured it. It's updating some, but not all of the fields. Does it take a while to retrieve all of the data from Life360? Or am I running into an issue?

I've tried reinstalling a couple of times. Not using the Tracker app.

In case there is an issue some screenshots:

Thank you.

I use sonos place notifications keying off address1. Will this work under the new code you provided? Or did you only make the change related to presence attribute soley?

NM -- working now! Must just take a while to synch up with all of the info....or Life360 was having an issue.

Thanks again.

1 Like

No idea what that is. Best guess, try it.

Still happy to report it's been 20 days and the app still works really well. Thanks for this!

2 Likes

Including a link to an issue in the Location Tracker driver reported on the Tracker app but that is rooted in recent updates made to the Life360 with States Driver.
Issue with Location Tracker User Driver not updating states unless location is changed

Also - @bptworld:

1. Thank you for all the wonderful apps and hard work and long hours you are putting for the community!
  2. In the driver code, the version summary in the header seems to skip the changes for MaxGPS logic (v.1.08)?
  3. The package manifest seems to have a mismatch in the version for the parent app - requiring version 2.1.9 instead of 2.0.9

Thoroughly enjoying tinkering with HE and all sort of fun apps, drivers and projects folks like you are coming up with.

All the best, Avi

2 Likes

Thanks, always good to hear

The notes and debug lines are for me. Not to be examined and critiqued. If they help anyone great, if they don't 'oh well, they make sense to me. :wink:

Nope, just doubled checked. Everything is just fine. To learn more about how to setup a manifest please visit the PM thread.

("minimumHEVersion": "2.1.9", is the minimum HE version required. Not the version of this app.)

1 Like