[RELEASE] Laundry Manager

Yes, I've got the same issue.

Request : any chance you can add in multiple selections for notification? The wife wanted me to know when to dry the clothing as well. :man_shrugging:t2:

@Navat604 Done! Code has been updated to allow for multiple notification devices.

That was quick! Thank you so much. Been using this since December without issue.

1 Like

Can you add switches to notification devices. I use a virtual switch to trigger an Alexa routine for "Dryer Done" announcements. I figured this out. The child device Laundry Dryer is the switch I need. Thanks,

Thanks for your work. I'm using it for 2 days with a Shelly Plug S and Raspberry Pi 4 for text notifications. Works great and my wife is happy that she don't need to check a few times if the laundry is ready.

1 Like

I just installed this and I am using the Zooz zwave appliance plugs. Something is odd though. I am getting a lot of false positive finishes. Ant idea hat is going on here?

Can you give some more context? In relation to the events above, what were the actual cycle times for the machine?

Usually a false positive means you need to increase the min time threshold.

We were not doing any laundry. I didnt start the washer until 12-12 at 7:45am where you see the power value go on.

It's tough to say what's going on. If the issue is consistent you could turn on logging and post it here. I would try increasing your Minimum watt value to trigger state setting. Your machines might have some amount of phantom power that is spiking at some point (this happens with mine every now and then).

ugh i dont have a button, request: I have a contact on the washer door, anyway to make that work in this?
basically once its done alerts - txt- voice- light changes - reapet severy 15 minutes until the washer door is open ?

1 Like

Yes, that should be doable. I will try and get to it this week.

2 Likes

If you're poking around in the code any chance we can use this on a dishwasher as well as a clothes washer and dryer?

Oh awesome I thought I was going to have to take 3 months to figure it out in rule machine

That’s an interesting idea. It generally should work out of the box except for the fact that you can’t run two instances of the app. I will look into this and see if I can come up with something.

It does work, its just that the device is mislabeled.

Just pushed an update with the following changes:

• Support for contact sensors.
  • Support for TTS notifications.
  • Support for auto reset based on time (thank you, @aaron).
  • Support for device labels. You could already give the laundry-machine a custom device label but the app will now use this in notifications. If no label is specified it will fall back to "Washer" and "Dryer."
  • Support for time threshold (on). This is the minimum amount of time the watts need to stay above the threshold to trigger a running state. This is helpful to project against random spikes that occur for a single event when the machine is not actually in operation.

Notes:

• I switched to seconds instead of minutes for the thresholds, so please update in the device settings.
  • Make sure to check settings in the app and click Done.

I started my dryer (first time using the app, only just got a plug that can monitor power) and get the following error in the log

I looked and line 172 is in a function called dryerStatusHandler, and it tries to assign washer.getLabel() to a String called name and then call a statusCheck funtion and passes it name. It looks like you copy/pasted the function above for the washer and forget to rename an object.

Also, and I think this is being caused by the Aeotec switch and not your app, but it reports a 0W value every couple of minutes and literally 1/2 a second later will report a much higher value. But the 0W is making your app change the dashboard constantly from running to finished, even after changing the time threshold to 15 seconds.

The event log for the switch

The log for the virtual dryer created by Laundry Manager.

Thanks for letting me know! I just pushed an update with a fix for that bug.

As far as your issue with the zero watts, I think you just need to increase your time off threshold. The time between a positive value and zero is over 15 seconds (in the screenshot it's 16 seconds). Personally, I have mine set to 120 seconds. I am also using Aeotec switches and my washer will have periods (less than 2 min) where the power will drop in between cycles.

I'm about to do another load in a few minutes (the joys of having 2 toddlers), so I'll increase the threshold and report back.

I also didn't get a push notification when the dryer actually did finish. I'll update to the new version and see what happens after this next load.

1 Like