[Release] Konke ZigBee Temperature Humidity Sensor Driver

I must be lucky. I have twelve of these units (8 purchased in 2019 and 4 in 2021). They all work ...

2 Likes

3 of mine + 2 at a clients are working fine as well.. :man_shrugging:

I have 2 still in boxes so :crossed_fingers: on those.

edit: I should mention mine are paired on a C5 not a C7, not that that should make any difference.

2 Likes

Never got it to work. I replaced it with a Zooz temp/humidity sensor.

I’ve got 4 of them paired to a C7 and have had zero issues.

2 Likes

I have the Konke humidity sensor, and this driver. It seems that some times the report of humidity is irregular...every 5 minutes sometimes, 20 mins sometimes and 30 mins sometimes. Is there some internal logic driving this irregularity?

It looks like it is changing every (approximately) 7% humidity change...

I am not familiar with that device to know if this is configurable, but the intervals are fairly even from 54.8 up to 77.8 percent.

In that series of event, my concern is with the latest one - 52.7%. This was almost 25 mins later. This sensor is used to turn of bathroom exhaust fan, but because of this delay in last few readings, the fan may keep running for more than an hour of extra time simply because the reading got reported later.

Here are the latest readings post 10:23 PM from my previous post:

I integrate these sensors into Hubitat via zigbee2mqtt. They report both temperature and humidity events very frequently. For example, these are the temp and humidity events recorded over the last 5 hours.

But if the sensor hasn't changed enough to report a new value, do you want the bathroom fan turning off (as by definition the humidity hasn't gone down enough yet)? The frequency of reports doesn't really matter, the delta change when it decides to report does. If it doesn't report that just means that the humidity didn't drop enough.

In other words, maybe it takes a lot longer than you think to actually drop the humidity in your bathroom?

For example, in my bathroom the vent has to run for 50+ minutes to get humidity below my off thresh hold.

If both my wife and I shower back to back it takes more like an hour and a half. Graph below shows my exhaust fan, my bathroom humidity sensor (blue line), and the reference humidity reading (purple line).

Off topic I know but too much information. :wink:

5 Likes

lol. PHRASING!

5 Likes

I got 2, none of them works. You must be lucky. Thanks for your replay.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.