[RELEASE] Iris SmartPlug Z-Wave Repeater (3210-L + others)

I was able to exclude and include the zigbee radio but I am not able to do the same for the Zwave. Is there a proper process to exclude the Zwave extender that I can try.

ST to HE

A quick search here on the forum should present a few detailed instructions, but if I recall correctly, after resetting and joining the Zigbee, I just plugged in the device, waited a few seconds, and then pressed the button 8 times rapidly with z-wave inclusion active. The timing of the presses is critical, too slow and you'll hear the relay cycle.

Before you try to include the ZWave side you may want to look over the forum. There seem to be quite a few people reporting that they are excluding the Zwave side because they are causing issues with the Zwave mesh on the C7.

2 Likes

Thanks. I did search but when I did the 8x method it did not work. So I posted to see if there was something I was doing wrong.

Thanks. I'm just setting up and transferring from ST so I have a lot of devices to get through. I'll hold off on the Zwave side until I have the other devices included. Having an issue with my two jasco ge outlets (button not paddle).

What’s the model number?

You may have luck by doing the inclusion very close to the hub; these devices don't seem to be set up to do network wide inclusion. Then relocate and do Z-Wave repair.

I can't unless I get a very long extension cord to get to the outside. I will do that if I cannot get either of them to pair.

@thebearmay GE 45605 Z-Wave Duplex Receptacle.

https://fccid.io/U2Z45605/User-Manual/User-Manual-783829

Looks like they’re standard Z-Wave so they should include without too much effort (may need to do an exclude for them on the C7 first), but you will see some difference from ST - ST polls these devices to keep the status updated, HE is designed to work with Z-Wave Plus which doesn’t require polling (there is a polling app if you decide that you need it, but it does put a small load on the hub).

2 Likes

I have a couple of these and they joined the c7 w/out issue, but they were relatively close to the hub (same room, 12' and 20' away) when I joined them.

As long as you get Z-Wave repeaters/devices closer to the hub connected first the outlets should pair up OK. As noted, I'd exclude them first on your C7 (even if you've already excluded them on ST) and then include. If you can't get the exclude process to work on your C7 you likely won't be able to include them successfully either.

Thanks. I am adding back in my repeaters so once I get those I will try again. What was the button presses you used to exclude/include so I can confirm?

Sorry - it's been waaaay too long for my brain to retrieve the information on the steps to exclude/include. I'm straining pretty hard to remember even simpler things.

To wit:

Two couples are visiting together at home. The men are sitting in the living room talking, and the women are out on the paitio.

Tom: We went to this great restuarant the other day, fantastic, you guys would love it!
Frank: Thanks, sounds like fun. What's the name of it?
Tom: It's...ah, shoot, wait a minute. Hmmm...what's that flower, it can be red or yellow or pink, you know, you give it to your partner on your anniversaries?
Frank: A rose?
Tom: That's it!! Rose!
[Tom stands up and calls out to the patio]
Tom: Hey, Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to the other day?

:smiley: (I'm Tom.)

2 Likes

The Z-Wave repeaters are temperamental. I have had mixed results with the 8 button presses for including and excluding. It may take quite a few tries. For including, if the Zigbee pairing mode times out (2 minutes I think), they should go in to Z-Wave pairing mode. This is temperamental too. After all of the work of moving mine over from ST, nothing is using them as repeaters and I am thinking of removing them.

1 Like

#dadjoke

1 Like

I was able to get one of my outdoor receptacles but not the other. Oddly enough I never got confirmation it excluded but it included in HE. I don't get it but it finally worked.

I have one 3210-L2 that I just can't get the Z-Wave repeater correctly paired. It always shows up as a ghost node ("in: out:"). I just gave up on that one and just use the ZigBee side.

I will likely do the same but i really liked the repeater functionality. I bought them (when they were EOL) for this feature.

2 Likes

I did too but they caused me endless headaches so I ended up removing them from the zwave side. I have a bunch of them.

Are there any other plugs on the market that are dual protocol repeaters?

Not to my knowledge.

1 Like