[RELEASE] Iris SmartPlug Z-Wave Repeater (3210-L + others)

Those won't go away completely, but they are harmles should not occur with any regularity after configuring the plug. They are informational to say that the driver received a message from the plug which the driver was not programmed to handle. Turn off debug logging and the warning messages will disappear.

1 Like

Debug is not enabled, I'll ignore and move on unless you think a reset/repair might help

Rick

I'm seeing the same errors. Unfortunately the save/config doesn't appear to be resolving. I do still receive the warnings with debug disabled. Also seeing "Public Health Check is enabled but bypassed in the code. The warnings never concerned me much as everything was operating as expected. Just picks at my OCD.

Do not lose sleep over that too.. That's a ST thing that's not supported here. Again, with debug turned off, those events will be suppressed.

Just to echo what everyone else is saying here... thankyou thankyou thankyou!!

My device interrogation looks good except the deviceVersion returns: null.null - should I be worried about that in terms of the z-wave repeater?

1 Like

My version is also null.null and appears to not be repeating.

If version report is returning null, but the plug status is still reporting online, it means the plug is not responding to the version report but could be responding to other commands.

Have you run a device interrogation to see if that passes?

Mine does!

Oops I better be careful - what should it say if it passed?

E.

What does a pass look like? It's status is online. But whenever any device in the vicinity is triggered the lastMsgRcvd doesn't change

This is a successful interrogation:

• lastTest : Interrogation complete!

It will fail on one of the 6 steps and not continue. So a complete status is a good thing.

I have a few plug doing this too.. Wonder if Hubitat changed something in that command class.

1 Like

Interrogation completes. No problem there, I just never see a lastMsgRcvd that indicates it's repeating for the device in the area. Right now lastMsgRcvd shows null.

Mmmm... I'm getting this on "Interrogate Device".

lastTest : Device is responding!

And this on "Test Communication":

lastTest : SUCCESS 30 of 30 frames received.

Update: Nvmnd just ran it again and got "Interrogation complete!"

Good afternoon..

I have released a new version of this driver that takes advantage of the additional Z-Wave version reporting that was recently made available. It also improves compatibility with the upcoming release of HubConnect 2.0.

It fixes the null device version data that was recently reported. Please let me know if I've missed anything!

3 Likes

Works great.

1 Like

Thanks for the great work. I had a little trouble getting Zwave to pair but eventually found some more info about 8 button presses, all good now,

More Z-wave pairing info:

1 Like

If this is generic to Z-Wave repeaters, why have Iris in the name?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Worked like a charm on my 3210-L. Had to Save Device, Save Preferences, Configure, Interrogate but otherwise happy. Thank you very much @srwhite.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Took it to it's final location (still close to hub) and it lost communication. Will look into it.

EDIT2: It seems to not be able to go online after a power cycle. If I remove it from the system and re-include, it works great, until that power cycle. The Zigbee device works fine after a power cycle.
Any known reason why losing power would cause it to lose it's association with the hub?

If the plug is losing it's connection after moving to a new location, it's an indicator that it is out of range. I think you will find that if you move the plug back to it's "pairing" location, wait a couple minutes after plugging it back in, it will reconnect.

After you move the plug to its new location, after a waiting a couple minuted, run a Z-Wave repair. That will allow the plugs neighbors to learn of it's existence, assuming there are other device within range.

Thanks @srwhite I thought so too, but all I did during my testing was include it from about 2 feet away, configure, interrogate, etc. Then I just plugged and unplugged it in the same location (2 feet away). Once plugged back in, the zigbee worked but the z-wave repeater did not.

This behavior was replicated (al from 2 feet away) on three 3210-Ls. Do you think it might be firmware? All three have with the following:

I read one of your ST posts from 2018 and the firmware reported here looks nothing like it did on Iris (eg 0x20085010) so I can't be sure.

And here it is after a plug/un-plug in the same location (2 feet away):