[RELEASE] Iris SmartPlug Z-Wave Repeater (3210-L + others)

Thanks. I am adding back in my repeaters so once I get those I will try again. What was the button presses you used to exclude/include so I can confirm?

Sorry - it's been waaaay too long for my brain to retrieve the information on the steps to exclude/include. I'm straining pretty hard to remember even simpler things.

To wit:

Two couples are visiting together at home. The men are sitting in the living room talking, and the women are out on the paitio.

Tom: We went to this great restuarant the other day, fantastic, you guys would love it!
Frank: Thanks, sounds like fun. What's the name of it?
Tom: It's...ah, shoot, wait a minute. Hmmm...what's that flower, it can be red or yellow or pink, you know, you give it to your partner on your anniversaries?
Frank: A rose?
Tom: That's it!! Rose!
[Tom stands up and calls out to the patio]
Tom: Hey, Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to the other day?

:smiley: (I'm Tom.)

2 Likes

The Z-Wave repeaters are temperamental. I have had mixed results with the 8 button presses for including and excluding. It may take quite a few tries. For including, if the Zigbee pairing mode times out (2 minutes I think), they should go in to Z-Wave pairing mode. This is temperamental too. After all of the work of moving mine over from ST, nothing is using them as repeaters and I am thinking of removing them.

1 Like

#dadjoke

1 Like

I was able to get one of my outdoor receptacles but not the other. Oddly enough I never got confirmation it excluded but it included in HE. I don't get it but it finally worked.

I have one 3210-L2 that I just can't get the Z-Wave repeater correctly paired. It always shows up as a ghost node ("in: out:"). I just gave up on that one and just use the ZigBee side.

I will likely do the same but i really liked the repeater functionality. I bought them (when they were EOL) for this feature.

2 Likes

I did too but they caused me endless headaches so I ended up removing them from the zwave side. I have a bunch of them.

Are there any other plugs on the market that are dual protocol repeaters?

Not to my knowledge.

1 Like

Same, I don't remember any others. If you want a good Z-Wave repeater, I have an unlikely suspect - consider below. The mostly unknown Hank plug has been a good repeater for me - devices actually do route through it. Form factor is not exactly pretty, and it's not compact, but it has worked for me.

1 Like

I also bought the 3210-Ls only to use as Zigbee/Z-Wave repeaters (most of mine have nothing plugged into them). But now that I have a whole bunch of Inovelli Red dimmers installed, I mostly don't think I need the Z-wave side anymore. I still need the Zigbee side simply to be able to support all the Zigbee devices I have (60+).

1 Like

Yea, they make great Zigbee repeaters but they do have known issues on the zwave side even with the newest firmware.

I'm slowly moving away from Zwave (started in 2010) but it will take a while. With that said I was able to get half of the plugs to repeat the others zigbee only

Thanks. I'll check this out. Hard to buy more stuff when I have devices that do the job but zwaveis so flakey.

Hey Lewis,

What is the latest firmware and where could one find it?

You would need an iris hub and I don't think they are even updatable anymore even if you had one.

2 Likes

I've got 2! Lol... I was heavily invested in that ecosystem before Hubitat... I don't think they were locally accessible though... Even if I did fire it up... But now you got me thinking... I have plenty of IRIS devices... But is the newer firmware out there somewhere I could find it?

If it was available I probably would have come across it. I looked for a good long while.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.