[RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers

@dandanache an idea : you can add a trap in the code to unschedule the deviceHealthCheck and schedule healthCheck periodic job instead ... : )

1 Like

This is a periodic job started by another driver (probably from @kkossev :slight_smile:). You can fix this by clicking the "Configure" button.

Important: Press any button on the device itself right before clicking the "Configure" button in the Hubitat UI! This will wake up the device so it can receive the configuration commands.

Note that you should click the "Configure" button every time you switch to a new driver. It's the Hubitat way of initializing the new driver.

1 Like

Can I catch this kind of exceptions?

Unfortunately no.

Just add a function‘ deviceHealthCheck’ which will execute eventually just one time - unschedule this job and schedule the ‘healthCheck’ instead… this way the transition will happen automatically. I did something similar to trap Markus’s “checkPresence” periodic tasks.

1 Like

hey im trying to apir an e1810 but it aint working, when i press the buttons all that happens is that the battery percentagae somtimes jumps up or down and its a brand new battery. it also wont update any fix? c7 hub

Some things to check:

1. You need to be at firmware version 24.4.5 otherwise the device will pair, but the buttons won't work. You can do that directly from Hubitat, see instructions here: [GUIDE] IKEA Firmware Updates.
  2. Follow the pairing instructions documented here: IKEA Zigbee drivers | hubitat (basically, keep the device really, really close to the Hub or any Zigbee repeater device).

Good luck!

Interesting.

The only driver I have from @kkossev is his VINDSTYRKA driver.

I did have his Tuya driver installed at one point for Ikea button use.

After configure, it's now scheduled healthCheck.

2 Likes

they arent updating when i follow that guide, what am i missing. can i stream you the process of how i do it so you can see if i did anything wrong?

The update process takes about 100 minutes and you need at least 10 minutes to see the first "10%" progress message. I don't know what you mean by stream, but please go ahead :slight_smile:

discord call or something. shouldnt it say when its started or something?

Dandanache - thank you for these :slight_smile:
I have an issue with the Ikea motion sensors. I've updated 3 and added them, but at some point they've all stopped detecting motion and I've found this in the logs:
What to do?

Just checked mine, also getting that error.

It's failing on the clearMotionPeriod call.

I think whats happening is that even though the device defaults to 3 minutes as the motion clear period, that value is not saved initially; you HAVE to save the preferences even if you didn't change anything from the default values.

Press Save on the preferences section, and the error goes away.

1 Like

Okay - thanks. Hope it doesn't happen again!

@dandanache thank you for providing support for this. Finally i can use the ikea buttons again!

Hope we don't burn you out with all these requests!

1 Like

So bummed out I gave away all my tradfri motion sensors thinking they'd never work. And they're no longer available. :frowning:

1 Like

New ones are coming that don't take coin cells

2 Likes

Sweet. Hopefully still water resistant and around the same price point :grinning:

Finally a working driver for IKEA Button. THX

1 Like

Soren, thank you for taking the time to report this issue! I will fix it in the next release.

You're the man, Brad! Thanks for helping out, it's folks like you that make this community a better place!

2 Likes

New motion detector as well as contact sensors.

Will be around $11US, being released in January in Denmark.
Not sure when other countries will see them.

1 Like