[RELEASE] IKEA window roller blinds

I thought somewhere buried in that huge other thread on these blinds that the zigbee pairing with Hubitat disables the pairing of the buttons. That is why the buttons do not work.
For us it's not a big deal since the Alexa integration works so well, even though it almost always says 'I'm not quite sure what went wrong' when in reality it worked.

Have you tried with my driver code? I also saw that error a few times early on but not seen that error occur after a few changes. Not sure if it fixed.

With your driver it still says that phase that something went wrong, but it worked.

I think you driver logic is opposite of the last driver - set to 10% will be 10% open, 90% closed. My rule to close the shades at night just opened them all the way. I'll update my rules and re-think this!

welcome @a4refillpad - I never said thanks for your work on the xiaomi DH's while I was using ST!

1 Like

Yes, Welcome and thanks! I got the same email about echo speaks, it and HubConnect are the only things I still have on ST. It's about to stop working for me soon.

Thank you, I'm totally dig seeing the status update in near-real-time without a Ping or Refresh!

1 Like

My very early versions of the smartthings handler were the wrong way round so if that was used as a source then this might have caused this. I needed it this way so that other integrations which made direct calls to blind level rather than call the open or close functions would still work.
If you think of the shade being the equivalent of a dimmer of a light then it makes sense. The higher the percentage the more light let through.

My experiences with my 11 IKEA blinds and buttons have all been positive. The ST device handler for the blinds and button are by Luis Pinto. Really hoping the code is ported over to HE for the XYL WAF so I can remove the ST hub because everything is migrating nicely except for the buttons.

1 Like

I like that analogy. That will help me 're-learn' this! :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Hi just released an update that should improve or fix this completely. Let me know if it does :slight_smile:

Nice! It's updated and working. Fantastic work, thanks again.

Very cool stuff, thank you for posting this and welcome to the HE community! I would also like to add my +1 for the button driver, I tried controlling it with a Hue Remote and I can't get the hold functions to work properly.

EDIT: I was being silling, only middle buttons of Hue Remote support held()

I've played with these blinds and buttons on some other platforms. I've had them hooked up to HE, Deconz and ultimately left them on Zigbee2MQTT. With Deconz and Z2M the button presses don't give a traditional actionable zigbee event which could be the challenge with trying to get the button to control the blinds with HE. The solution on the other platforms is to create a zigbee group with all the blinds you want to control and then bind the button to the group. I wonder if this could be done using the group app in HE assuming the button can at least be paired as a generic button?

I have found exactly that when I looked into it. There were no events so couldn't do anything with the button.

I think they are finaly in stock! can't wait to pick up a few and get this going! really need some in the bedroom!

Am I missing something, is there way to make a group of blinds? for some reason, groups do not work, but the blinds work great otherwise.

How do you currently group your lights? Just do the same thing for the blinds as I even have a dimmer capability in the driver.

1 Like

Interesting.. not working for me.. I'll check again.

Edit: created a new one the same way, it worked.. odd

Here is the issue I'm having with blinds in "Groups". Nearly everything works with grouping blinds together except for the "Pause" feature you have built into the device handler.

Since Hubitat does not have the "Pause" function as an option in their Virtual Dimmer or Virtual Shades device handlers, I can't send the pause command to the blinds group and have them all stop at the same place. I can send the pause command separately to all the individual Ikea blinds in the group but they never all stop at the same place.

Any way you can add the "Start Raising Dimmer Level", "Start Lowering Dimmer Level", and "Stop Changing Dimmer Level" commands the Ikea blinds device handler? That way I can call those functions from the Virtual Dimmer and have the blinds all stop at the same Level/Dimmer number that the virtual dimmer stops at.

1 Like

Don't know if this is the right way to go to be honest. It's all a bit of a hack and I very much doubt any of the stock drivers for blinds will support this.