[RELEASE] IKEA window roller blinds

Just not compatible with hubitat. Nothing i can do about it

2 Likes

Such is life.
Wife went looking for the button today, after having explained no more button yesterday. She seemed annoyed, either at me or the lack of the button.

I use the Hue Dimmer Button controller and it works great.

1 Like

I actually have one of the buttons paired and it looks like there may be hope.

2 Likes

You can pair but there are zero events coming in from the device in hubitat. The incompatibility is at a higher layer than at the driver level.

1 Like

WTF? So I take it you paired them via Zigbee?

I'll have to give this a tinker when wife isn't watching or upset at me which is pretty much all the time lately. I bought the blinds she got upset at me for spending money. Then she liked the blinds and I took away her button then she got upset at me. Then I set up automated opening and closing rules and she got upset at me because she walked into the room without any clothes on and was worried neighbors might get a peek from 5 acres away.

I'm thinking of just powering down HE for a day, playing dumb, and see if she becomes appreciative of everyone's efforts. Might be worth an experiment... or not. As it is, if Alexa doesn't work I get yelled at and I'm like, "not my fault, It's Jeff Bezos.

The above is interesting. I had paired them in the past and there were zero events reaching the hub when pressed. This was some time ago. Maybe something has changed in the zigbee stack or the buttons have different firmware that has made them more compatible since! Anyway, worth following that thread to see if they figure it all out.

Well, bird's updated the driver so the 4 buttons I have paired directly to the hub are function. Someone with an older firmware had no luck.

edit: answered my own question, was able to get it to work with Maker API, does not work great in sharptools, but I got an idea to make a Vswitch that will run it

odd question.. i cant seem to find it.. my blinds seem to get out of wack from time to time. a hard open fixes it.

is there a way to make a dash command, or perhaps a MAKER API command to do a hard open?

i created the hard open for this very purpose. Just create a rule to run this occasionally in either rule machine or something like webcore. I have mine hard open on sunrise everyday, then when there's motion in the room adjust to my preferred setting. Not had any alignment issues since putting in this regime.

Is a hard open just open 100% of the way?

No, it is a open command, which will open the blind until it stops. Not quite the same as open to what it thinks is 100%.

Does it damage the blinds? Saw a comment saying the motor made a weird noise when it does it. I don’t have smart blinds, but I see myself using them fully open most of the time anyway, so I could just run this always when I want them opened?

Sorry if I’m being a little dumb, coming over from HomeKit, which although I was pushing it well past what it was meant to do, is still nothing compared to hubitat.

I've had Ikea blinds for about 6 months. The hard open doesn't seem to hurt bt I don't do it every day. Pretty sure the blinds have some sort of motor stop limiter in there.

1 Like

There is no risk. If you use the original remote control that comes with the blinds it does it on every single open.

Thanks for this! I am migrating over from ST. I am not getting the battery level reported so far, does it take some time to start reporting?

I just checked one of mine and the last battery report was from the 17th. So yeah. Maybe it only reports when the level changes, not sure. But not often in any case.

1 Like

Got it thanks. Last question, how can I set my ‘closed level’? It was available in SmartThings but I only see ‘max open’ setting in the hubitat version. Maybe I missed it. Thanks!

I used the buttons on the shade itself to set the lower limit. That seemed to have done it for me. I think if you set it to where you want it and then double-click the down button on the shade that will do it.