Release ical viewer (alpha)

Little bit behind on where this driver is up to... From the last few posts, have you managed to get dates displaying? I grabbed the driver using the list in the OP and it is displaying as "In 2 days...", would prefer the dates, like you had in your original screenshot. No pressure if you are still working on it, was just curious on where this was up to. Great job getting it going.

Simon

I see that you output the date for Calendar entries >7 days out, but in X days for those <7 days. I prefer to see the date myself for each one. I started playing around a bit with the code, starting by showing the date for everything except today, then messed around with the format. I prefer something like my screenshot below. What do you think?

Calendar

It really comes down to personal preference and I know it is hard to cater for all of those preferences. I can't think of an easy way to account for different options, only to toggle between the current setup you have developed, or "Always show dates". Then the date format could maybe be a preference setting to override the default you code into the driver? I have setup a driver myself that I use on dashboards to format the current date and time, happy to point you to it if you are interested.

I'll understand if you don't want to change the driver, it's a minor thing and something I can cater for myself.

Simon

It is working less reoccurring events.
I'll look into a toggle at the moment I'm trying to get my vacuum working on HE (and family life lol)

1 Like

All good, no rush on my part. Happy to send through some code if you want after I have a bit more of a play with it...?

Yea all support welcome.

It's the reoccurring events I really want to nail

1 Like

Hi, not sure if this driver is maintained or not but I noticed it doesn't correctly parse events that have a ":" in the title.

For example, I have a calendar event with the title: "Game at 5:30"

I looked at the driver and I think it's due to the split() call here:

wkStr.eachLine{
                    if(!it.startsWith(" ")){
                    List dSplit= it.split(":")
                    if(dSplit.size()>1){
                         if (dSplit[0].trim()=="BEGIN" && dSplit[1].trim()=="VEVENT") {

I'm a developer but never worked with Groovy before so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know

I'm working on improving this. Anyone know why this was originally max'ed out at 1024 characters for the attribute?

I would assume to fit within the same limit for attributes in HE dashboards.

Thanks, I didnt know there was such a limit! My first real effort into working on a driver.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.