[RELEASE] Hyundai Bluelink Remote Start/Lock Support (Beta)

Seems to be working now. Deleted the devices and rediscovered

@user502 Good to hear. Is it working with the Santa Fe Hybrid? Just curious as I don't know if anyone has tried this driver with an EV before.

Seems to be working.

Hey. Any chance you could get it to work with the EU servers? I have read that they are supposedly more troublesome to connect to than US.

@Kulfsson Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I'm going to make some time Sunday to look at EU support again. Don't get your hopes up too much. It's very difficult without a vehicle/Bluelink that targets the EU servers. On top of that, the API for EU is different from the U.S. I seem to remember that you are in Iceland and have an EV, right? I will also look at what another user from Canada did. He got a Canadian version working, using what I did for the U.S. as a base. We will see.

I'm not suggesting you add Home Assistant just for this, but you would be able to get control for the EU with the integration that exists already. The easiest way to get it going is to install one of the prebuilt images on a VM or (if you have one available) a Raspberry Pi and then install HACS (Home Assistant Community Store) and search for Kia Uvo / Hyundai Bluelink in HACS, then add the integration to HA.

I'm using this same integration for my Ioniq 5 and I use the HE>HA integration with a virtual motion sensor as a switch driver so I can ask Alexa to warm the car in winter and cool it down in summer. I also have an automation setup so when the car has less than 35% charge, Alexa will notify us when we run our goodnight routine. That saves us from a surprise if we forgot to charge the night before a planned road trip then next morning.

Thanks for the reply. I do live in Iceland, but have a PHEV Santa Fe.

Thanks for the suggestion. I might check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know Hyundai just had some maintenance downtime for Bluelink so I know it's possible, but, is anyone else having trouble with authentication? I've tried everything that I can think of: token refresh, app and device uninstall, code refresh to the latest available in the repo.

Enabled debug and tried to discover vehicles again:

I know this could be dead at any moment, but I truly loved having it. Sad if it's gone.

I'm seeing the same error. It looks like Hyundai changed something in the API. The error seems to indicate that there is now a required parameter missing when trying to login to refresh the auth token. I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning and see if I can figure out what's missing.

1 Like

@das.heil I just pushed a fix to github for this issue. The only thing updated is the app code. Give it a try and let me know if you still see a problem.

1 Like

So far so good! I was able to install the app, configure it and discover my vehicle. The calls appear to be working but for some reason their damn app isn't sending me the push notifications is should be.

@das.heil Sometimes (most of the time, actually) the push notifications to the app are delayed. I just saw a couple that were due to the testing that I was doing an hour ago.

1 Like

Yep, the wonderful world of push notifications! Thanks so much for the quick response and your overall work on this! Like I said, I know it can go away without warning but damn do I like having it. Keeps my car locked if I forget to.

1 Like

Well, I must be the lucky one to uncover things. Seems the most recent hub update may have caused this one? Not entirely sure though. I haven’t updated code since our last conversation. Attached is what I get when trying to call any function of the device driver.

Also…have any way that I could buy you a beverage? Lunch? I must say I truly appreciate the work.

@das.heil I'm using the same code as you, the latest on Github. I have not been seeing any issues. I just did an Unlock, Refresh, and Lock without any errors. Based upon the logs you posted, it looks like your driver data has gotten corrupted. It needs to send commands to the App (where all of the work is done) and the errors you are seeing are happening when it tries to send the commands to the App. Try deleting the driver and then go into the App and do a discover again, which should recreate the driver with a fresh connection to the App. Let me know how it goes.

As for your offer, thanks but I'm good. I do this stuff to give back for help I've gotten over the years. Pay it forward. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dang it - I should have been able to catch that. It's not like I don't have years of experience in IT ::sigh:: Anyways, thanks so much for checking and it's working like a charm. Seems it was building to this failure because now I'm getting my app push notifications almost instantly - could be wholly unrelated too.

And you're welcome - I shall continue to work on paying it forward.

1 Like

This was working for at least a year, then I noticed it was no longer working. So as suggested above I deleted driver, when into app and discover registered vehicles, but nothing happpend. I reimported driver and app code. I still don't have any registered vehicles. I have entered correct credentials into app.

@jack4 I just checked and it's working for me. Please turn up logging (to debug) on the app and driver and send me the logs via PM for when you do a discover. Don't post them, as your personal information can be exposed.

Thanks for this work. Just installed the driver and app, but I have some questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

1. How does the data refresh. I tried going in and out of valet mode and I see no change in the parameter?
  2. I primarily installed it to check the 12 V battery. I know that it can be read with OBD2. Is it possible to modify the code to add this?

Again many thanks for your efforts.