[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

A reboot worked... I probably should've tried that!

Thanks

1 Like

REPLICA 1.3.07 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.07 supporting ST Natural order sorting [patch], bug fixes for Replica UI, and OAuth warnings for hub migrations. Install instructions here with HPM updated to match.

Replica 1.3.07:

• Natural Order on device input dropdown selectors patch.
  • Replica UI bug fix for null devices.

OAuth 1.3.07:

• OAuth warnings for hub migrations to C-8 etc.

REPLICA DRIVER BY BOB

Please see here for new @bthrock Sonos Replica device handler and information.

SAMSUNG DRIVERS+ BY DAVE

Please see here for new @djgutheinz device handlers and information.

Update 2023/04/23: Release 1.3.08. Change log here.

5 Likes

Hi when I do an update in package manager I get fatal error and it does a roll back. should I just install it manually?

Try doing a Repair in HPM

1 Like

That should solve it! The process will download all the apps & drivers again you have selected and reinstall on top of current.

Thanks did a repair on both Replica and manager with same results. It seems to be on this portion https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bloodtick/Hubitat/main/hubiThingsReplica/hubiThingsOauth.groovy

Not a HPM expert, so couple of questions:

• Are you able to see the gitHub link from your desktop directly?
  • Are you running on a reasonably new Hubitat firmware version?
  • What hub hardware version are you running?
  • Any other HPM solutions failing?
  • Perhaps reboot your hub and try again?

There really is nothing special with HPM with this solution. The Oauth groovy does require the 'OAuth' flag to be set on Hubitat, but that should of been done for you the first time you loaded the solution. Also, the size of the code isn't small, but smaller than something like 'Echo Speaks' or 'webCoRE'.

Hopefully a reboot and then 'repair' will solve this.
Otherwise, you can manually install on top of existing code as the instructions state.

Ok thanks again, so I tried the above with same results I finally did a new install manually with another repair, rebooted and now the message for new updated is gone in HPM seem to have solved it for now.

1 Like

I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the lack of FEW integrations for some of my ST devices (mainly Wifi). Because as a newbie, I thought I could simply plug HE and migrate everything I had. That was not the case of course.
But after installing HubiThings, man oh man.. I couldnt be happier! I can control all my "missing" devices in HE now w/o any issues. I'd definitely pay a coffee to the developer for this.
I know I might be using 10% of HE power and community help, but I will get there.
Big thanks again.

4 Likes

Now with a question to the experts. I have 2 ST 360 Cams.
Similar to what we do inside ST app, that we can see the live feed from the cams.. capture screenshot, etc.. would it be possible to create a Replica driver with the same functionalities in HE ?
I imagine using a dashboard tile with the feed (in mpeg maybe) from these two cams.
Thanks in advance.

Authorize the device(s) in the OAuth application then build a HE Replica switch device. Replica will pull in the device capabilities. Copy that information:

and then paste into PM message using preformatted text </> (otherwise the forum will break the data) like so:

Summary

{"components":[{"id":"switch","version":1,"status":"live","name":"Switch","ephemeral":false,"attributes":{"switch":{"schema":{"type":"object","properties":{"value":{"title":"SwitchState","type":"string","enum":["on","off"]}},"additionalProperties":false,"required":["value"]},"enumCommands":[{"command":"on","value":"on"},{"command":"off","value":"off"}]}},"commands":{"off":{"name":"off","arguments":[]},"on":{"name":"on","arguments":[]}}},{"id":"switchLevel","version":1,"status":"live","name":"Switch Level","ephemeral":false,"attributes":{"level":{"schema":{"title":"IntegerPercent","type":"object","properties":{"value":{"type":"integer","minimum":0,"maximum":100},"unit":{"type":"string","enum":["%"],"default":"%"}},"additionalProperties":false,"required":["value"]},"setter":"setLevel","enumCommands":[]}},"commands":{"setLevel":{"name":"setLevel","arguments":[{"name":"level","optional":false,"schema":{"type":"integer","minimum":0,"maximum":100}},{"name":"rate","optional":true,"schema":{"title":"PositiveInteger","type":"integer","minimum":0}}]}}},{"id":"firmwareUpdate","version":1,"status":"live","name":"Firmware Update","ephemeral":false,"attributes":{"lastUpdateStatusReason":{"schema":{"type":"object","properties":{"value":{"type":"string"}},"additionalProperties":false,"required":[]},"enumCommands":[]},"availableVersion":{"schema":{"type":"object","properties":{"value":{"type":"string"}},"additionalProperties":false,"required":[]},"enumCommands":[]},"lastUpdateStatus":{"schema":{"type":"object","properties":{"value":{"type":"string","enum":["updateSucceeded","updateFailed"]}},"additionalProperties":false,"required":[]},"enumCommands":[]},"state":{"schema":{"type":"object","properties":{"value":{"type":"string","enum":["normalOperation","updateInProgress","insufficientStorage"]}},"additionalProperties":false,"required":[]},"enumCommands":[]},"currentVersion":{"schema":{"type":"object","properties":{"value":{"type":"string"}},"additionalProperties":false,"required":[]},"enumCommands":[]},"lastUpdateTime":{"schema":{"type":"object","properties":{"value":{"title":"Iso8601Date","type":"string","pattern":"^(?:[1-9]\\d{3}-?(?:(?:0[1-9]|1[0-2])-?(?:0[1-9]|1\\d|2[0-8])|(?:0[13-9]|1[0-2])-?(?:29|30)|(?:0[13578]|1[02])-?31)|(?:[1-9]\\d(?:0[48]|[2468][048]|[13579][26])|(?:[2468][048]|[13579][26])00)-?02-?29)T(?:[01]\\d|2[0-3]):?[0-5]\\d:?[0-5]\\d(?:\\.\\d{3})?(?:Z|[+-][01]\\d(?::?[0-5]\\d)?)$"}},"additionalProperties":false,"required":[]},"enumCommands":[]}},"commands":{"updateFirmware":{"name":"updateFirmware","arguments":[]},"checkForFirmwareUpdate":{"name":"checkForFirmwareUpdate","arguments":[]}}},{"id":"refresh","version":1,"status":"live","name":"Refresh","ephemeral":false,"attributes":{},"commands":{"refresh":{"name":"refresh","arguments":[]}}}]}

The controls and events probably will mirror, but the video itself is troublesome.

Hi there @djgutheinz!

I just wanted to express my gratitude for adding Sonos to HubiThings Replica. When I was using SmartThings, I had many Webcore pistons using Sonos that were incredibly helpful, and now that I've switched to Hubitat, the Sonos integration isn't as robust and is missing some features like recognizing stereo pairs, etc.

However, I did notice a small issue with the "Status" in the HubiThings Replica for each device. It doesn't seem to be working properly, as it displays "stop" instead of "playing". I actually use this feature in my Webcore pistons for various purposes, so I was wondering if there's a way to fix it? Thanks in advance!

HubiThings Replica Sonos Device Status
ST Sonso

Hubitat Sonos Device Status

Tagging @bthrock for support as author of the driver. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First, I assume you are using the SmartThings Edge driver, yes? I only ask because when I look at the images you provided, I see evidence of a problem in more ways than just the "status." For example, your speaker is reported as "ungrouped," but the groupVolume is different (18) than the individual speaker volume/level (17), which isn't really possible.

If you are using the Edge driver, then I have to refer back to one of the "known issues" I mentioned in my original post wherein the SmartThings Edge integration intermittently stops reporting or responding properly (or incompletely) via the API or even in the device presentation in SmartThings' own app. This behavior has also handicapped my SharpTools dashboards, which are connected directly to the SmartThings API and don't use the replica driver in any way.

When I posted the replica driver, it was my understanding a fix was already in the works, however, according to some reports, the problem has gotten worse with the latest release (3-14-23) of the Sonos (Beta) driver. SmartThings engineers are very much aware, but haven't provided any updates as yet. A couple of people have reported that an ST hub reboot helps, but I've found that to be a temporary fix at best.

I've been debating for the past couple of days about how to handle this in my original post as the replica integration works for me about 90% of the time, but you sort of solved that for me. :wink: Unfortunately, I've had to postpone any further work on my webCoRE integrations using this driver as well.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you...yet.

I am not the creator of this product. I am a user of it and ALSO greatly appreciate the capability as well as the great amount of work done to generate the work.

1 Like

Thanks @djgutheinz sorry for the confusion. I tagged you by mistake, should have been @bthrock.

1 Like

@bthrock thanks for the valuable information and insight. Fingers cross this get fixed in a timely manner by Samsung.

2 Likes

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me answer if this app can solve a need for me.

The Logitech Harmony remotes have home control buttons that allow you to control devices from specific hubs including Smartthings (not Hubitat, unfortunately). I previously had my lights in Hubitat and connected them into Smartthings using Hubconnect. That allowed me to map the device into the Harmony remote. Is it possible achieve that with this app?

Short answer is yes. Mostly because Logitech (Harmony) has recently updated their OAuth integration with SmartThings to the new ST cloud scheme.

The longer part of this - the Harmony to SmartThings OAuth integration is difficult to make work, but seems to keep working once you have it configured.

This is my suggestion to make HubiThings and Harmony buttons work for you:

1. Delete all integrations with SmartThings and Harmony on both the SmartThings app and the Harmony app. If you have multiple hubs, clear those integrations too. Be sure to clear the old ST automation application that was Groovy based (in the ST app).
  2. In the SmartThings app - configure a new location and call it 'Harmony'.
  3. Install HubitThings from HPM and follow the normal install path. When you go to authorize a location, be sure to pick the 'Harmony' location you made in step 2.
  4. Once authorized for the 'Harmony' location, you can build ST Virtual devices from the 'Configure Virtual Devices..." selection in Replica.
  5. Use the 'Dimmer Switch' virtual device type to build virtual devices (screen shot below).
  6. Now comes the fun part, you need to go to the Harmony app and authorize Harmony to use the new 'Harmony' location and the virtual dimmer switches you just made. This is hit or miss on working the first time or the 20th time or the 3rd day or...

This solution will work without a SmartThings hub.

However, if you have a SmartThings hub, you can do similar tricks with the Mira solution using ST Edge Virtual drivers and/or the Logitech Harmony hub driver (no ST hub required) with its UUID solutions. Step 6 above is the hardest and would need to be done for any of these solutions to work.

I found making a 'Harmony' location works better since the new Logitech OAuth integration will pull in ALL of the location devices, so if you have lots of ST things in a location it gets messy and makes step 6 even more difficult if not impossible.

Open for questions --

Step 5:

2 Likes

Thanks for this detailed step by step and additional nuanced information. Since I wanted it to be local I tried Mira which works but the problem is I cannot create a Harmony home and put the devices in there due to the fact that it requires a hub and must be located in the same home as the Hub.

Therefore all of my Smartthings devices are in Harmony now. If that causes me any issues I will consider switching over to Hubithings and see if it performs better.

1 Like