[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

Same PAT. Just hit the 'Authorize SmartThings Devices' button again and a new child will build.

1 Like

I tried this version of the driver and while Lock User Manager now opens it does not pull the user codes from the Replica Lock.

I tried putting my Schlage on Hubitat directly but it doesn't work well unless I bring the hub within a few feet of the lock. However it's been working well on Smartthings for 6 years. Not being able to trigger automation based on specific codes has been a major bummer for me.

1 Like

Do I NEED rules? I'm a little unclear about that.

Yes, every device you are replicating must have rules.

The 'replica' handlers will auto populate the rules on (1) first install or (2) from the config button in the DH itself or (3) if you clear the rules from the Rules config - you will see a new button to update rules.

Otherwise - if you use doing it without a Replica HD you must do the rules yourself.

1 Like

Excellent! This was the final piece that I was missing. Everything is now dialed in. Thank you so much for the hard work.

2 Likes

Used Replica Multipurpose Sensor to connect to refrigerater. Doors open/close work perfectly. Renamed the 4 cavities. Does anyone know if custom replica drivers for dishwasher, fridge and range will be available. This interface is cool

2 Likes

Fairly certain that @djgutheinz has it in the works.

I've been able to nicely pull needed info without it though.

3 Likes

Hopefully next week for dryer. I had to develop a means of creating the driver for test w/o having an actual device. I have passed that hurdle. Once I get one developed, I will need people to check it out.

Note: the code and functions will be based on the SmartThing Samsung appliance drivers I developed with the assist of users for testing. I am fairly certain of the functionality and functional flows - just need the final shake out of the porting to HubiThings.

6 Likes

@fieldsjm
Updated Samsung TV Replica. Improved responsiveness on local commands.

Driver: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/HubiThingsReplica%20Drivers/Replica_Samsung_TV.groovy

Update installation.

• Install code into driver and save
  • Complete a Configure command to update the replica data.
  • Complete a Save Preferences (just in case)

Note that this driver will log any events sent from HubiThings to verify proper event operation.

If you have had difficulties, read through the Install/Checkout/Notes. They provide procedures to verify the interface as well as check out functionality. HubitatActive/Samsung TV Checkout.pdf at master · DaveGut/HubitatActive · GitHub

Please PM me with any comments or concerns.

8 Likes

planning on moving from ST to HE. i got word of this wonderful app and looks like im closer to jump into HE.

SO with HE "mirroring" my ST hub, would this mean that if the device/s go offline on ST(as is a usual occurence) will it also go offline on the HE hub? thank you.

Technically, virtual devices (which are what the HubiThings devices are), don't go offline, but the online/offline status of the respective ST device is reflected in HubiThings.

You didn't say why your devices are going offline, although of course many battery-powered devices such as button controls, motions sensors and the like are "sleepy" and purposely go offline. If you have a specific concern with online/offline behavior, you'll have to expand upon that further so someone can provide a better answer.

1 Like

that was a HYPOTHETICAL question. ST users would agree devices go offline a lot. so, i was curious to know if this will be the same case with this offline devices on the HE side.

thanks.

1 Like

Okay, thanks. Thought that might be the case, but I didn't want to assume.

2 Likes

@Bapski to answer your question specifically, Yes. If an ST device goes offline it will be reflected in the HE mirror device, if you have enabled the "device health" rule. You can also not create the "device health" rule if you wish. Pretty much any attribute your ST device uses, is mirrored to the HE device, via rules you setup.

2 Likes

Debounce worked nicely thanks! I see you've included it in the HPM release now anyways :slight_smile:

I noted a typo in the debug FYI;
dev:252023-01-21 01:34:26.031infoIKEA Remote Control - Middle setPushedValue debonce

2 Likes

@amithalp , @JoseDB
Replica Samsung Soundbar driver updated.

• Main update: alternatives to make audioNotification work on non-compliant soundbars.
  • Other updates: cleaned up attributes,

Install:

HOW TO USE AUDIO NOTIFICATION IN THESE DRIVER: See link:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/Test-Code/master/README.md

3 Likes

I have been looking for this ever since I bought my Hubitat Elevation to save several of the Groovy apps I have enjoyed on the classic SmartThings platform! This is an excellent piece of work - MANY THANKS.

My installation a couple of days ago went well and everything worked without errors or warnings until yesterday. For some reason, I am getting this warning every 15 minutes:

HubiThings OAuth asyncHttpGetCallback 'getSmartSubscriptionList' status:400 reason:Bad Request - rescheduled in 15 minutes

All of the replications seems to be working ... should I do something to keep this from happening?

That happened to me once, and at the time I was advised that the issue should resolve on its own. I nevertheless chose to go to the affected OAuth child app, Delete API, and recreate and reauthorize it. You won't lose any of your subscribed devices or settings if you choose to do this.

I've messaged @Bloodtick_Jones to see if he wants to take another look at this when he's back online. Sorry I can't give you anything more definitive until then.

Thank you for that tip. I will let it go for another day or so and do what you suggested if it doesn't clear up. BTW, I forgot to mention that I did add a new ZWave device to my SmartThings hub and went through the process to add it to my HE environment. Everything looked fine and it works ... I wonder if there is something related to that which creates this condition.

1 Like

It may well be just a temporary server issue, but please post back either way to confirm. Thanks.