[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

OK, next question: Does anyone know of any replica drivers for a Samsung SmartTV?

1 Like

One is forthcoming.

There is a community driver already that provides you with local control augmented by SmartThings.

3 Likes

Fixed. Not sure what happened there. But thank you for flagging it.

I could not find it.

2 Likes

I copy the code to app for the main app and the Oauth app and I have enabled Oauth... then I have install the user app and give the ST key in the settings... But I cannot select any devices from ST to miror (empty list). I must forgot something... any idea? Thanks!

Be sure you enabled OAuth on the OAuth App code you installed, not the main app.

Your next step is to click on "Authorize SmartThings Devices : Create OAuth Application," as at the bottom of this image

On the next window, click "Done"

Now Click on the Child App you just created

and follow the prompts to Create API and when successful you will be able to pick ST devices to mirror.

2 Likes

thanks, it was exactly that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Working on the replica version with one major problem. The tv has several capabilities that are duplicated as custom (with different data definitions for the exact same attribute). I then receive two attribute updates, and one does not work with the rest of the system.

Is there a way to define a default device description that is not over-ridden by the app? Then I could delete the duplicate components. This would be similar to how rules are handled.

Dave

Ugh, had similar with commands (alarm, switch both have 'off' for example) but haven't tackled attributes.

Can you send me the example 'attribute' to look at in Samsung TV?

For commands, I was able to match 'capability+command' and present both when building rules. Hopefully can do the same for attributes.

Command example:

I would like to know if its possible to use ST mode and how with Hubithings ? Also Is it possible to use ST hub parameter like powersource or something like that, and how ? :slight_smile: Not sure for now if I ll go with HE mode or ST mode... ST have multiple location wich I have not found how to do it on HE... Just currious! I think I would transfer almost everything from ST directly, I tried with Hubithings but I have a lot of devices, virtual devices... (limit of 20 so I wont install like 3 instances) but I would like to be able to mirror modes and other features from the ST hub...maybe location...
If I access location I could use a variable to store the actual location inside HE or something...

See this post.

It's not clear if you're referring to Hubitat or the HubiThings Replica app, but you can authorize devices from multiple SmartThings locations by choosing a different location when authorizing each OAuth child app.

Yes, but I mean is there a way to know wich mode the ST hub is in and to change this mode?
Also if the actual location change inside ST hub, is there a way to get this location with the hubithings app? I want also to know if I could get the ST hub function like if the hub is on grid power or battery… or other features like that? Maybe by creating a virtual device that get those state in real time and mirror it? Since webcore would be down its hard to easily get those features…

Sorry if it’s not clear, I m new to HE and it’s interesting to know about hubithings app and other possibility to be able to use it later…

If you authorize the hub in the OAuth app, and create a Replica Hub using the ReplicaSmartThingsHub driver from the GitHub repo, you will be able to view and manage modes via webCoRE, Rule Machine, or the device pages just like any other device. The post I linked previously shows the hub device page with the states and capabilities.

All these things will be become clearer once HubiThings Replica leaves BETA and is released to HPM, at which time more documentation will start to be available.

1 Like

This is very cool stuff! I saw in the original post that it said near real time. For a ST refrigerator, I assume it still applies to the limits of the API to get door status? Meaning it can't be instant.

I have nearly 100 devices using Replica, I would guess it's 30 milliseconds. So to the human brain it's perceived as happening in real time.

1 Like

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong then

Mark, The current driver set for the refrigerator (mine), does not have the subscription capability. That slows down the response for because of the command rate limit if 12 / minute average and the fact that it takes 2 commands to get the status.

The replica refrig will not have to poll for status. Status is subscription based and should be as fast as Samsung has designed the interface.

Dave

3 Likes

To go beyond 20, you can add additional OAuth instances set up like you do the first one. They can be either the same ST location or another location if you have multiple ST locations. There is no limit but suggest to look at moving devices native to HE if you really get crazy (over 100). I don't know what the limit actually is for Replica before it hurts HE, but don't plan on supporting anything that is just crazy -- YMMV.

2 Likes