[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

Is there any plans to create a driver for the Bluetooth Tags like the Galaxy Smarttag?

Device Type: Tag(BLE)
Component: main
Capabilities: alarm, audioVolume, battery, geofence, geolocation, tag.e2eEncryption, tag.factoryReset, tag.searchingStatus, tag.tagButton, tag.tagStatus, tag.updatedInfo

It would be really neat to be able to use the buttons on it and for presence to show correctly. I can send the JSON part if needed.

I tried as a Presence device but it wasn't showing any states other than the health:

1 Like

Yea, send the JSON and I can take a look. That is a new one for me...curious what it looks like.

3 Likes

Good shout @bfara83, these SmartTags are great little devices, and Samsung seems to (very slowly) add more of it's capabilities to the API, as yet I think geolocation isn't exposed, but if anyone can pull location data from it @Bloodtick_Jones can :muscle:

1 Like

Hi @djgutheinz,
As I am testing the use of this driver (Replica Samsung TV) and getting the same reaults as @dsegall got, am I kind of lost here.
My TV is also wiered to ethernet and the On/Off attribues does not seem to be updated at all.
Meaning, the On and Off comands are working just that the switch attribute does not get updated.
If that is the case and I am mostly interested in the On/Off functionality, should I go for the Replica Switch driver?
Edit: I see now that even with the Replica Switch driver, whenever I turn the TV Off it goes offline and the switch attribue stays ON with me not being to turn the TV on again using the TV HE device but only with the remote control.
In the replica app interface the device shows as Offline:

I will investigate (again - again - again) but the Hubitat interface will have the same limitations as the SmartThings interface. Even though on/off are local commands in my implementation - if Samsung can not WOL the set when connected to the LAN, then neither can I.

2 Likes

REPLICA 1.3.02 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.02 today to support ST event data:[:] and unit:"" arguments.

Replica Lock 1.3.2 updated to support:

• capability "TamperAlert"
  • capability "ContactSensor"
  • Hubitat Lock Code Manager (LCM) application

LCM support has proven difficult with the differences between ST & HE lockCode capability. ST does not expose 'codes' so if they are set local or within ST app, HE will not know the new code and update to 'local' status. Also, very little documentation (none) on how LCM actually works with data:[:] structure, so YMMV on how well it works for you.

If you use webCoRE, you can see the data:[:] value as shown below (ST lock must support):

Update 2023/02/10: Release 1.3.03. Change log here.

4 Likes

I am having a very serious problem....

I cannot find a link to "buy the developer a coffee". This is an INCREDIBLE tool!!! I cannot tell you how impressive and well thought out this is and how easy it was to configure and it "just works". The HPM integration makes it so easy. I would like to buy the developers a coffee, but failing to find a link.

Not meant as a bribe, and definitely not complaining, but Meross Garage support and TVs would be nice, but not necessary. Thank you again!

3 Likes

You made a typo, no "s", it's all @Bloodtick_Jones, You're right about the need for a coffee link somewhere, although I personally gave full access to my bank account and said "take what you need".

1 Like

Wasn't meant as an insult to the team (it's a common phrasing). I did pluralize it in the not quoted section and appreciate everyone working on this. It truly is incredible. I kept the SmartThings for the things that work "mostly" cloud based (Kasa) and have built-in support (Meross), so the connect hub breaking was devastating to my ecosystem.

I wanted to express my thanks to the team.

PS, I found the donation link. Thank you.

2 Likes

On the TV request (if Samsung). @djgutheinz has put together some great drivers here.

I don't have context on the Meross Garage, but if you can see it in OAuth and then build a simple Replica switch against it, you can pull the capability JSON and we can take a look. See this post on what to grab and how to post.

1 Like

Hi @Bloodtick_Jones ,
Been using your app with great pleasure to control my Samsung VRF AC units and with the help of @djgutheinz driver I can also control my Samsung soundbar.
Are there any plans to make the Replica drivers Homekit compatable? I know that in general HE only allow for stock drivers to integrate using the Homekit integration (due to Apple's restrictions), but I think there are some exceptions.
I am also aware of the Homebridge option but now that you made me lose interest in my RPI (was using it to run Node-Red and have ST devices integrate to HE) I would like to avoid this additional hub in the way.
What say you?

Yea, you defined the problem -- Apple restrictions for certification are a very tall fence. I am not aware of 'any' exceptions to the HE integration rules. You could build [ST Things] -> [Virtual Device] with Replica rules and have some interaction with HK. I am an Apple Fanboy so if you know a workaround...please tell on private DM.

@Bloodtick_Jones Hi Mate, is replica support alarm capability from st to hubitat?

Yes, a couple of Replica drivers have the alarm capability. For example.

If you are looking for just a standalone 'alarm' driver? If so, would be easy to put something together for you.

@Bloodtick_Jones That would be great to have a standalone alarm to trigger the siren.

Try this. LMK and I will add it to HPM as optional.

OVEN/RANGE Driver ready to test.

I have completed initial development of this set. The Range consists of parent (range) and child (cavity) and will install accordingly. Installation is to add the parent only and the parent then adds the child.

This is a version ready for functional testing and verification. Please PM me with results and any issues.

Code Location (must install both):

Functional Description: HubitatActive/Oven Description.md at master · DaveGut/HubitatActive · GitHub

Installation: Install the PARENT per the HubiThings Replica instructions.

6 Likes

ST having OAuth problems if you are attempting a new install.

REPLICA 1.3.03 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.03 supporting native ST Virtual Devices. Install instructions here with HPM updated to match.

Replica 1.3.03:

• Support for ST Virtual Device creation. Intial devices are Dimmer and Switch.
  • Support for ST device 'swap' replacement to allow user to redefine the ST<->HE configuration.
  • New UI create/delete/modify scheme for device automations.

Replica Location Knob DH 1.3.0:

• Useful for ST locations that do not have Hubs. This allows you to set & get mode and other status information. Can be used in place of the Replica SmartThings Hub DH.
  • Includes attributes: mode, latitude, longitude, oauthStatus, switch

Replica Alarm DH 1.3.0 [optional]:

• Stand alone Alarm configuration.
  • Includes attributes: Alarm, Battery, ContactSensor

Replica Lock DH 1.3.3 updated to support [optional]:

• Hubitat Lock Code Manager (LCM) application

Example ST Virtual Device creation:

Allows for automatic build of the HE device type and handles the subscription for events as one creation.

SAMSUNG DRIVERS+ BY DAVE

Please see here for new @djgutheinz device handlers and information.

Update 2023/02/19: Release 1.3.05. Change log here.

4 Likes

Getting an error on clicking Replace: