[RELEASE] Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) -- HubitatCommunity

Please see log below, Webcore failed to update...

Logs

If you try updating again, it will likely succeed. My webCoRE Piston update has failed before - including today's too, and every second time it works fine.

1 Like

it may be good to check for updates first, then either install or repair to ensure the control files are up to date in HPM

1 Like

I ran into issues with HPM.
Hub is C7 version 2.3.5.152 no security activated.
HPM update is stuck at "Checking for updates... Please wait...".
Tried deleting and reinstalling the app (version v1.8.8 using the import link at the first post or version 1.8.10 using the Github link) and even hub shutdown but no luck.
Logs do not tell much:
image.
Doing a Repair for HPM get stuck as well.

Any idea?

What are your trying to do?

A Matchup can come back with no missing matches, right?

When I run Match Up, my logs show:

app:897 2023-07-02 02:34:16.423 PM info  Matching up packages
app:897 2023-07-02 02:34:16.073 PM info  Retrieving list of installed drivers
app:897 2023-07-02 02:34:15.892 PM info  Retrieving list of installed apps
app:897 2023-07-02 02:33:58.679 PM info  Downloading package manifests
... list of each repo being scanned  
app:897 2023-07-02 02:33:53.842 PM info  Refreshing repository list
app:897 2023-07-02 02:33:53.738 PM debug Performing Package Matching
app:897 2023-07-02 02:33:51.477 PM debug prefPkgMatchUp
app:897 2023-07-02 02:33:47.408 PM info  Refreshing repository list

I have no unmatched packages on this particular hub so that's where my logs end.

Can you better explain what you're trying to do, please? The logs show "Match up" plus "Update" but without the debug I'm used to seeing between.

I am trying to run an Update but the screen is stuck and no logs.

I clicked til I got a similar set of logs... but still minus some pieces.

app:8972023-07-02 03:05:15.731 PM debug No updates available
... list of "Checking for updates for..." packages
app:8972023-07-02 03:05:10.718 PM debug Update chosen
app:8972023-07-02 03:05:07.532 PM info  Refreshing repository list
app:8972023-07-02 03:04:31.947 PM debug prefPkgMatchUpComplete
app:8972023-07-02 03:03:52.793 PM info  Matching up packages
app:8972023-07-02 03:03:52.508 PM info  Retrieving list of installed drivers
app:8972023-07-02 03:03:52.306 PM info  Retrieving list of installed apps

your logs stop short of displaying all the list of installed apps and drivers to be checked, which is OK because you might be hiding it for security. I get that... :slight_smile: But you should see "No updates available" Or something similar. If NOT, if your logs do halt right where you're saying, then I'd investigate your hub's Internet access. At that point, HPM is trying to read repositories out on the Internet. It won't matter which option you select in HPM, most need to read in the repositories out on Github, etc. The Master repository is saved on the hub, but an update begins by finding the URL of the package Manifest to read it in and detect an update. No internet, no Package Manifest to read. :smiley:

My debug logging is enabled and I was not hiding any lines. There are no logs as I guess something gets stuck. My internet connection seems to be fine as I am approaching the hub through remote access and could not reach it if no internet.
HPM worked fine till a couple of days ago on this hub and is still working fine on my other 3 hubs.
This is weired :upside_down_face:
I will try to reboot the router tommorow and see if there a comunication issue that is preventing the hub from accessing the repositories.
Thanks,

Nothing's changed with HPM in 3 weeks:

Got it. Thanks for your help

Reporting back.
Ended up doing a Soft reset to the hub and it solved the issue.

2 Likes

I've prepared a v1.8.11 release incorporating a PR submitted by @kevdliu: Add support for hub SSL (HTTPS)

It 'solves' a problem no one was asking for, but the code is reasonable and seems to be non-impactful in my (limited) testing. And that's the reason for posting this message... I may not have tested a path that you use more than me. :slight_smile:

In Package Manager Settings, this is added:

I use self-signed certs on my hubs and that's one of the limits to my testing.. I didn't test against expired/invalid certs, etc. While i have tested Install, Update, Modify, Repair, Uninstall, Match Up, I didn't test all variants: meaning files and bundles weren't tested. Apps and Drivers, yes. In other words, mostly I tested for typos in the new code.

As most people know, HPM works by clicking the buttons for you. It does this using the usual "self IP: 127.0.0.1" When enabled, the new code makes all those self URLs use httpS. In all previous versions of HPM, those URLs are hard coded to http:// For people that have NOT clicked the platform's SSL Only switch, I'd suggest leaving this option off. It feels to me like niche code for those that have locked down their hub to allow SSL only.

I'll finish the release and post it in a short while, then update the #1 post in this topic. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have a few packages that utilize bundles in case you want a test case. I don't run SSL on my hub though, so I can't test it myself.

Can't find the post now but I think one person asked for it a while ago and got no responses :grin:

Either way the switch is off by default and shouldn't cause any regressions. When enabled it'll at least allow people who have hub SSL enabled (I'm sure there's at least like 3 of us out there) to use HPM.

That update seemed to go fine. Then I got an update for Innovelli Drivers this morning that will not update. Logs say "fatal error" and error message says to make sure the app/driver is not in use. I do have the innovelli drivers for my RED switches. But, I do not have the BLUE series installed. But, even if I did, what would be the point of automatic updates if I have to change all the drivers before I can run the updates. I do not think I can choose only the drivers I use out of the Series 2 drivers. Maybe an issue with the update from Innovelli's side?:man_shrugging: @Eric_Inovelli Any ideas?

Logs appear to be generic even though I have all the debug options enabled. If I could get more information, I would.

Tried twice on phone app(chrome?) and once on computer (firefox).

Package that shows ready to update

Error Message

Logs

Run a repair on that package, usually that will fix it and update it at the same time.

1 Like

A Repair is a good idea, it does act as a workaround most of the time.

I don't have a Blue device but installing the driver fails in HPM.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 6.51.44 AM

That implies that the two Red drivers I picked from the list install ok, then the Blue driver (3rd of 3) fails.

Without selecting the Blue driver, installation succeeds:

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 6.53.38 AM

Trying to manually Import that Blue driver yields an error as well:

The identified line2676:

if (nothingChanged)&&(infoEnable||traceEnable||debugEnable)) {

looks to have bad ( ) nesting to my eyes...

changing that line to be:
if ((nothingChanged)&&(infoEnable||traceEnable||debugEnable)) {

allows the driver to install.

In other words, Inovelli would need to update their github code for this particular driver. (The first line of the code looks a little wrong too, cosmetically.

@Eric_Inovelli @ericm
if (nothingChanged &&(infoEnable||traceEnable||debugEnable)) {
also works.

5 Likes

Just checked Inovelli's Github page for the Blue driver, and it looks like it's now perhaps a beta version -- maybe that's causing a snag?

I know Inovelli is getting close to releasing new firmware for the Blues... @mark.amber -- any insights you can perhaps share about the 2023-07-01 Blue driver and/or upcoming firmware?

Thanks!

That driver you posted has code errors and does not install. So thats the problem.

This should work much better :slight_smile:

if (nothingChanged && (infoEnable||traceEnable||debugEnable)) {

EDIT: Just realized as I was doing this @csteele was editing the post above to include the same thing :laughing:. Did not double post on purpose, just did not realized the post above got edited.

4 Likes

Right on... I think Mark and Eric usually only load the latest stable/GA version on that Github link (I've never seen their betas/test builds on that URL), so hopefully they can get it all squared it away pretty soon.

1 Like