[RELEASE] Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) -- HubitatCommunity

same here

Hi I'm not seeing an option to update package manager in Package Manager update, I'm on v1.9.1, also when I do a repair on Package Manager it comes back with (The manifest file null no longer seems to be valid.)

1 Like

I’m on 1.9.1, ge this when update:

It is true, those darn double quotes... :smiley: I'll fix it asap.

You'll probably have to do a Repair because HPM treats itself as special :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks that did it. upgraded to v1.9.2

FYI, @csteele, in case it's supposed to be ready now HPM has hung on me doing the HPM update at:

That is, unfortunately, another example of HPM upgrading itself and landing on different code, because the upgrade moved it.

It's quite possible it's purely cosmetic. But I've been suggesting a Repair to make sure.

2 Likes

Interestingly, it did finally finish and says 1.9.2, so that's good.

I'm going to have to make a module that is a stand alone HPM Only Installer I think, like a Child App, so it doesn't move around during execution.

4 Likes

How long did yours take? I'm approaching 9 minutes on both hubs. With the same error in the logs. I knew I should of updated them one at a time. :slight_smile:

[edit]
nevermind. It did finish, just never went to a finished screen. I went back to the main HPM page and saw it did update to 1.9.2. Did a repair on it just in case.

So besides all that. Does the 7 minute keep alive take care of the issue where we can't update webcore before it times out?

Hey, thank you for the continued dedication to this app. I use it both to manage my apps; and I have an app in the repo. So again, thank you!

Okay, so I noticed my HPM update page had an app that I had once tried on a device; and since removed (at least I thought). This is for a 3rd reality power monitoring plug. The plug was extremely chatty, and I removed it from hubitat (I thought).

Now, if I try to uninstall the 3rd reality driver from within HPM, I receive the following error:

So, HPM thinks this driver is in use by a device. Okay, that makes sense as I have been seeing an "unknown" in my zigbee device table.

I am assuming this is a route for the chatty plug I tried, and "thought" I removed. This was over two months ago, and the plug was returned to Amazon.

Any suggestions on how I might move forward with getting this deleted?

A route for an unknown device would not cause the driver code to be in use.
First thing you could try is manually deleting the code.

If that does not work, go to the devices list and look at the "Type" column. Look for any devices using that driver. It also seems like the search up top also searching that column so you could search for "Third Reality"

Any device using that driver is what would prevent the code from being deleted.

1 Like

When I deleted the code for the driver; I tried to remove from HPM with the same result.
And more interesting; I deleted the app from hubitat; ran a matchup from HPM, and it was found again.

Thank you, I am sure it is not in use in the "types" column. I just triple-checked.
It's like hubitat has a "placeholder" for this device, although it is not in the devices list, and HPM is finding that somehow.

I know I did this to myself... just thought you may have encountered something similar in the past.

EDIT:

Exactly what I thought. I am sure that driver is not assigned to any devices in my devices list.

Then the code is not deleted if it found it again....

HPM still only 'clicks the buttons" for you. The remove clicks were sent to the hub and the hub said no... due to in use.

You should get the same message if you use Delete from the Device Code section.

Find that device and change it to use a different driver (device) and HPM can delete it too.

3 Likes

I really appreciate your time.
If you have time to look; do you see anything?

Unfortunately, I can delete the driver just fine from the drivers device code section.

I deleted the driver from the drivers section, which let me delete.
Then I go back to HPM, and view packages:

.. and it is still being shown there.

I am not sure if HPM will let you delete it once the code is deleted manually. It might be getting jammed up at that point trying to delete something that is not there. You may need to run a "Repair" on that package first, then try deleting it.

Or delete the entire HPM app and install it fresh, a new matchup should not find it if the code is deleted.

This is expected. HPM still believes it's managing the code for you. This is where UnMatch helps to align HPM with your actual installed code.

2 Likes

I am in idiot. I'm sorry guys. I was confusing two issues.
Okay, for the power monitoring driver... it is NOT in my list of drivers.
When I run repair on the 3rd reality from HPM, it says the package was repaired.
If I go back to my drivers, it is NOT listed there.