[RELEASE] Hubitat Hub Controller

I don’t know which device it is, so will have to work through the zwave devices and eliminate it.

Quickest way would be to kill power to all the circuits but the one with your hub on it and then try to clean it up. If it still wont clear then go through the battery powered devices.

Can someone post an example Rule Machine Rule? I'm lost on how to utilize the rebooting command.

It’s a custom action.

1 Like

@dJOS, thank you. Which device type? I have the device driver installed and I can run the commands from within the device settings.

Actuator iirc.

EDIT: yep.

2 Likes

Because it shows as a command on the Hubitat Controller device, the command would be “actuated” by an Actuator capability. That’s the easy way to remember it. I use Hubitat Controller to shut my hub down before the UPS dies by a rule when the Ring Extenders send “Switch to battery” events, which trigger the rule.

2 Likes

@dman2306

Very good resource, congrats!

Before I was turning it off directly without shutting it down, no problem, but safe was not recommended. Now I run the shutdown, through another hub I turn off an outlet cutting the power, and then 5 minutes later I turn the power back on. This way I make sure to delete the radios.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.