[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

You should be able to drag tiles anywhere. First, open the nav drawer and hit Edit.. Then, drag tiles to where you want them and hit 'done' when you're all done. They should't change positions after that unless you select Sort Order and pick one of the options (A-Z or by device type)

yeah, I hear you.. my issue with searching is if there's a lot of results you can never see the most recent ones.

My hope was to create a page somewhere that lists out common issues, FAQ's, video's, etc.. I started one here but it's not great at adding text/images. If anyone knows a good free place to host this kind of stuff let me know.

I love the idea of the battery icons (device types) -- is there any way to add multiple tiles for the same device? Ie: Ive' got a battery operated Motion Sensor but it's also a battery- which I'd like to monitor in a separate folder.

Yes, you can copy a tile as many times as you like and change the device type for each as well.

Just long press the tile and select edit, then copy

2 Likes

Great App !!
Two things

1. Just upgraded to the latest version. Now my video feed says "connection closed by peer". I did not change anything with the feed.
  2. Prior to this update, when I would click on the video feed to expand it, the window seemed darkened or shaded.

I had downloaded your app several months ago - back then, there was no option of widgets, but you mentioned that you were planning to implement them. I'm glad to see them finally here! I've now gotten rid of IFTTT & a few other apps and can consolidate everything.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, the thread is quite long & I can't CTRL+F the whole thing (I can only do 20 posts at a time or some such - really annoying):

Is there any way to add my own icons? I could find a way to change icons via a URL, but no way to add icons into the app or use icons saved on my device. I have a few icons I downloaded from The Noun Project, but I can't figure out how to put them into the app.

I tried to hack my way around this by using the URL for the icon (e.g., https://static.thenounproject.com/png/1684221-200.png), but then I can't change the colour of the icon within the app.

How can I go about doing this?

EDIT: I just found this:

Is this still on the table?

Hmm.. nothing changed on the video front recently. Is this an RTSP feed or something else? If you send me a device log I can look for something in there

I'll add a TODO item to pick an icon from the local device

but then I can't change the colour of the icon within the app.

This one's a bit tricky.. I used all white device icons because then I could replace the white with any color. The icon you linked to is all black w/transparent background. btw -- what is that icon? it looks like a bus to me :slight_smile:

Yay!

I have a white version of the icon that I use on my desktop, but I can't figure out how to use it in this app. Any recommendations? I tried saving it in my OneDrive and using that URL, but it doesn't seem to work.

It's an Espresso Machine :smiley:

Hi @jpage4500 - i noticed that if I scroll down to the bottom of my list of tiles and enter a folder, when I back out of the folder, I'm thrown back at the top of the tile list. Is there a way to preserve my relative location in the list when backing out of a folder instead of having to scroll back down to the end each time? Hope my question makes sense.

yes, I've noticed the same issue myself too.. I don't use folders daily though so I don't notice it. I should be able to fix that although it might be tricky to implement.. I'll add it to the TODO list and investigate more

1 Like

I have an Amcrest camera ip2m-841Bb and I'm having trouble with the correct URL. I have try a few different ones but can get it. Is there anyone using this camera that can share an example of the url? Thanks

Try:

http://user:password@IPADDRESS:PORT/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=0&subtype=1

rtsp video works fine on version 1.0.892.
rtsp video does NOT work on version 1.0.982 or the most recent.

Fire HD 8 pads

that's a pretty big gap in versions so it's very possible something changed with RTSP. Let me re-test with the app I've used in the past. I don't have any devices though so if there's a public RTSP stream to test with let me know and I'll try that too

Now I need to figure out how to adjust the tile to remove the bottom part. Changing Wide and Tall does not fix the problem.

Hello friends, I have a question, from home I can see my camera on the pc and on the Internet hub as well, the problem is that when I enter the app I can't see the camera, how could I solve it? thank you

@Matthew I want to thank you for the url. I 'm still not getting video on the android dashboard I still get the following errors "error reading image or image failed to load" but your url does work as I did try it in a web browser and it works just can't get it to work with the dashboard. I did try to do a Video and Image url I have not try the web url but I will tomorrow. Thanks.

Great update on blinds tile, @jpage4500! Isn't there a way to the main icon reflect the status of the blind based in the last command sent? It would be great!

I've been using the app for a few weeks now and it is working great. I just want to report a few bugs I found along the way.

1. Opening the "Themes" dialog and clicking "Cancel" blows away any customizations I made.

2. There's a typo on the "Apply to" dialog.