[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Hello, I would like to know if there is any way that not all the modes are shown, only the ones I want?

I have been trying to create a tile for one of my NEST cameras. No luck. Anyone with the right formula to get this to work? I should add that I am successfully using the Google SDM API app/drivers.

@jpage4500- is there a way to set an option to display the local date and time for the hub, instead of displaying the date and time of the device being used to view the hub?

What do you need? I can provide "stuff". I won't do Wordpress. Too many security issues to juggle.

I don't have any nest cameras but I do see there's support for an image using that driver. Is that what you're looking for? If you send me the JSON of that device (can be sent from the app: about->support) I can try to look for this device and display the image on the tile

I'll add this to the TODO list.

1 Like

thanks - I'll fix that (I'm just displaying the device type name and adding an "s" to make it plural.. but obviously that doesn't always work)

Opening the "Themes" dialog and clicking "Cancel" blows away any customizations I made.

Yikes - I'll fix this ASAP

Can you help me understand this one better? Are you saying for example when you open the blinds (from closed state) - the icon shows closed until they're fully open? Or are you looking for the icon to reflect more specific positions (I only have 3 icons right now - open/closed and in the middle)

I'm digging into the video logic now.. I also can't view a video stream which I had used for testing so clearly something changed but I can't figure out what.. is your video stream RTSP or MJPEG (or other)?

I'll figure this one out too while investigating video streams. Ideally I'd want the cropped image to be centered in the tile.

1 Like

@jpage4500 I'm using MJPEG on that camera and I haven't try using the RTSP as of yet? But I'm using the WEB URL and it clear and choppy at times. I can see it but not clear.

The web url is basically a mini Chrome browser embedded into a tile.. I don't have much control over how it displays content. The video tile is much more optimized but at the moment I've only got 2 different types of video supported - RTSP and MJPEG. They were working really well but something seems to have broken since they're not working for me today.

Me either. But rtsp works well. Just not today.

The icon isn't updating the blind status to me, it always use the icon that shows an open blind and keeps showing the message "Opening". May it be a driver related issue?

I know we touched on this idea earlier, but I wonder if it would be possible to add a type of tile that would allow selecting from the list of attributes displayed in the details pane? As you know I was using the Ambient Weather driver to pull in the outside temperature. I've since switched to using the Ecowitt Wifi gateway driver since it pulls data locally from my weather station, but the end result is the same - a device with a list of attributes. It would be nice to display the Wind speed for example.

1 Like

Does the Check for Hub updates check for version updates to your app? If so, it keeps turning on somehow and updating my app. I am having problems with video in the most recent versions and I want to stay with version 1.0.892 for the moment.

BTW, this is a great app. I'm using it on all of my pads now.

The app won't auto-update - that's likely Google Play updating the app. It'll update it even if you install it manually from apk. There is a setting in Google Play to prevent updates to specific apps which might work.

1 Like

Yep, that's on my TODO list (actually, I looked and can't find it so maybe I forgot.. but I'll do that now). The easiest way I can think of to implement this is to show all device attributes and you can pick up to 4 (today, I only show 4 on a single tile.. I'll increase it once I support larger tiles). But, if you pick 2 attributes like rainTotal and windSpeed how can I make it clear which one is which? Meaning - I'd show the values "2.28" and "2.9" on the tiles but that could be confusing without any image or description to indicate what each value represents..

thanks! I don't have smart blinds to test with so maybe I'm expecting something to change that isn't.

The app looks at the attribute "windowShade" and displays that state on the tile. If it's always "opening" that doesn't sound right.. maybe the state changes aren't being pushed out correctly? If you are able to send me a device log after opening/closing the blinds I can see if any updates are being received. You could also watch the device on the Hubitat webpage when opening and closing the blinds to see if that's updated too.

// ENUM ["opening", "partially open", "closed", "open", "closing", "unknown"]

I wonder if after selecting the attribute the user could be prompted to enter something to be appended to the atrribute value? In my case I would probably limit the attribute selections for a particular tile to a type, like wind. So I would select say "windspeed" and enter "mph speed", "windGust" and enter "mph gust, and "WindGustMaxDaily" and enter "mph gust max" . Something like that?