[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Hello! I LOVE this app, it's really fantastic. Thank you very much.

I'm having trouble getting the video tile to work. I'm using an RTSP feed, confirmed it works in VLC on the same device (as does your example address). But neither works when set as the URL for the video tile. Here's the log for both URLs:

09/11 21:34:08 E RtspVideoView onRtspFailed: Read timed out, rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov
09/11 21:34:35 E RtspVideoView onRtspFailed: Read timed out, rtsp://192.168.1.1:7447/e8rsN0OlKSw5fS4V

Just like your example link, mine doesn't need a username and password. Any ideas?

Moon phase... Something is not right. Mine is set to Moon Phase device type on my hub but HTML in your app. I can only change it to "custom" or HTML in the app.
Screenshot_20210912-050300_Hubitat Dashboard

You're right.. I forgot to allow it as a choice when switching device types. So, next build it'll be the default one picked and also allow you to re-select it. Since you already chose a device type in this case you'll have to manually pick it as the app won't change any manual device type selections

1 Like

just thinking out loud on this one.. I changed the text color to blue for one of my switches so I could compare how it looks against the default text

The first image looks blurry to me.. the second one is clean but doesn't stand out if you're looking at it from a distance.. plus, there's a global option anyway to turn off drop-shadows too if you don't like them at all.. The 3rd image looks the best to me. The only possible issue would be is if the text color you pick is light (ie: grey).. maybe I can see if I can figure out if a light or dark color is used and make the drop-shadow the opposite

1 Like
  1. date time - fuzzy: You have a good eye - yes - it is a tad fuzzy but it's because I use a dark color with a dark drop shadow. I think in the past the solution was something called a punch out - but maybe a background based 1px outline? so text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px var(--tilebackground) repeated a couple times to give it a border around the text? My css is a bit rusty!
    I've tried all the available options on the moon tile - I'm not getting any different result. Device type is 'Custom' (as opposed to HTML). Manage Display Items I've tried most combo's

gets me close :
  2. the calendar surprised me - it worked very well. Initially I had trouble getting content as it wouldn't display. The google calendar wants you to make it public, something I don't want to do. I solved it by opening a browser and logging into google. Once I did that, my calendar filled right up (local only).
    psuedo 4 & 5 - Thanks! the battery % is a clarity thing, but the morning text is a problem as others may also use longer strings in their mode names! This has continually improved to the point of exceptional, and I thank you constantly for not just making a toy app, but something I really use.

version 1.0.1210 (beta)

• better support for Moon Phase device
  • group by similar should not include devices that are already in a folder
  • fix bug in add image/video tiles where URL isn't saved

I pushed a couple of small fixes.. mostly self-explanatory. Generally speaking I'm going to try to do smaller releases like this vs some of the larger ones from the past that require more time testing.

One of the fixes is with the group by similar devices feature.. if you haven't tried this, it's one of my go-to things to do after logging into the app for the first time. Basically, I don't need to see every one of my door sensors or lights on the main dashboard - taking up a lot of space.

long-press on any of the devices you want to 'group' -> edit -> group by similar type

> >

1 Like

I know you have been doing more great things for the app so thanks. I sure would like to use some on the Kindle I have mounted on the wall, if time permits, please.

Thanks.

feedback on Moonphase - you got that one! sure enough - there is a new device type now - Moon Phase. I want to let you know - Because I was experimenting, I had the type as HTML and tile size set to 2x2. When I switched to Moon Phase, the tile size was not an option. I switched back to HTML, set the tile to 1x1, then set tile type to Moon Phase - and viola!
Again, because I'm the wierd guy using Infintesimal - the text got chopped - ala:

I did submit to the Amazon App Store last week. You can always download the apk directly too although I know it's nice that both app stores will automatically keep apps up-to-date.

right.. yeah, that's kind of a way to adjust the size of any tile (switch to another type that allows it and then switch back). Eventually, every tile should allow adjusting the size.. I might just allow that for now knowing that some tiles won't look as good in the larger sizes. My goal is to have some different layouts for super large tiles like folders - rather than just make the content larger

1 Like

First, I'm not looking or in need of any changes - just commenting! Your folder implementation works and I'm comfy with it - but the idea of super tiles is a really interesting idea! I know that my experience with folders is I got confused initially - the background icon of a stack works - but the main icon is still identical to the individual devices in a group 'sort by'. The folders get a little lost in the shuffle - The stack devices and show Contents options - I disable new ones I create so I can find them faster - it might be more powerful to set at least 'Stack Devices' to off as a default - it just looks better!

Addendum: Another idea I want to share - you make great use of background imaages - icons like the thermostat having a droplet, or the local hub temp having a thermometer, music notes for speaker devices - love that. How bout a background image for scenes? a device type choice maybe with a curtain background?

I may be going about this the hard way....I want to add the local weather icon to my dashboard. URL is https://api.weather.gov/icons/land/day/few?size=large. I gather my local weather from the NWS API using webcore. The icon is found as below...

I capture the "icon" into a Hubitat string variable.
Putting a URL tile on my dashboard requires that I provide the above URL. But can I use the Hubitat string variable that has been assigned the above URL instead of an actual URL?

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to hide an attribute on a tile? I've had a look through the thread but couldn't see anything. What i want to do is hide the temperature that's being displayed on some of my contact sensors on windows as i don't need to see it.

Try duplicating the driver for those particular contact sensors and remove the temperature capability.

Using a web tile to get gCalendar but it will not allow me to sign in because the phone keyboard will not come up when I select the tile. How were you able to sign in?

I'm thinking that the calendar URL you used in gCalendar isn't publicly visible - otherwise you shouldn't have to login to view it.

The keyboard issue - yeah, I haven't really tried interacting with the WebView (embedded HTML browser).. it's definitely possible though and I'll look into it. Generally speaking I don't want the main dashboard screen to interact with web tiles (ie: zoom, navigate to links, etc) but the full-screen version should be able to behave like a mini-browser

I don't have any way today to hide some of the elements on the 'status' text.. there's only a few attributes that display on tiles like this and temp is one of them. I'm not sure how useful it is for my devices either.. I've got several contact sensors and a few Blink cameras which have temp sensors on them

It might not help but I am adding an option to change the status text size globally as well as hide the status text completely (same with the device name text). But, you'd also lose the other status elements like "Open" and "Disarmed" in the screen above.

I can add an option to hide the temp sensor.. not sure if it should be global or per device though.. it'd be a pain to hide them for several devices

1 Like

How about if there was a choice of tiles that could display for any particular type of device so you could choose the one with everything on or the one with only the temperature on etc, rather than having one tile and it being configurable? Not necessarily my preference but it might be one way around this issue.

I always liked the already built 'Manage Display Items'. If that were expanded - have a 'title' selection, a 'main' selection and a 'footer' selection where a user could pick what attributes for each section of the tile?

Understood. Not willing to make my calendar publicly visible.