[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Can I ask for screen saver integration.
Fully kiosk for some reason doesn't work with your app. Unless I'm doing it wrong.
Also I noticed when not on a local connection, the app said cloud when checking connectivity, yet also shows or cannot connect to the server. So I am unable to control my devices.

Also can I suggest rather if connected to a certain Wifi ssid as apposed to enabling gps for cloud to work.
Now when I have the cloud token. It wants gps on all the time to assertain if I am home or not.
Otherwise seamlessly switching won't work.

Lastly.. sorry, I'm not nitpicking..
When trying to recover my hidden items.. it is I'm. Numbers and not the description.so very tedious

Do you have the "Screen On" option set? That will keep the display on during the hours you set. But, if it's disabled the screen will go off according to your Android OS settings (display timeout).

Also I noticed when not on a local connection, the app said cloud when checking connectivity, yet also shows or cannot connect to the server

When not on local WIFI the app goes into cloud mode (assuming you have it enabled). At that point the app routes traffic through cloud.hubitat.com. I haven't tried it in a bit but it should work. You can try it yourself by going to the Maker API app settings and look for the cloud URL links.

Also can I suggest rather if connected to a certain Wifi ssid as apposed to enabling gps for cloud to work. Now when I have the cloud token. It wants gps on all the time to assertain if I am home or not

The app doesn't access GPS or location data at all. I know that's the permission that is asked for.. it's because Android won't let an app query the WIFI Access Point name without location permission. The app only checks the Access Point name while it's running and only when the screen is displayed. If that AP isn't the same one you used on logging in, the app goes into cloud mode.

Yikes - that's a bug.. I'll get it fixed!

Thank you for the reply.
Really appreciate it .

Coming back to your GPS solution, I think that may be a bug too.
I have sent you pics to see what I mean.
Even though I am on wifi as shown and Gps is on.. it goes to local only if gps remains on!

Thanks again for your amazing work.

Screenshot_2021-01-23-00-08-13-769_com.jpage4500.hubitat|230x500

version 1.0.911 (beta)

• lots of UI/dialog tweaks

I made several dialog tweaks, including fixing that reset hidden devices dialog.

Another small change I made is the Web URL tile now accepts HTML which I think is going to make this one really powerful/flexible.

For example, you can enter "www.windy.com" and the main site will be displayed. Or, instead you can go to this page on your device to create a widget. Copy the code and then paste it into the URL/HTML field and you'll get a more customized tile like this:

You can find lots of sites that have let you embeddable HTML.. Google Maps lets you do it (click on the menu -> share to embed map)

1 Like

Thank you. Any luck on that gps bug. Where once you enabled cloud on the dashboard, gps must be on all the time even for local use.
I.e cloud is non functional

Thanks for the continuing updates!

I've sent you a support email regarding a request for support for a Blinds device type. I'm using iBlinds. It's like a dimmer...has on/off capability, and also can be adjusted to close/open level similar to a dimmer being brightened darkened.

Currently they show up like bulbs.

Also noticed something odd about changing device type. My blinds all register initially as bulbs/dimmers. If I go to Edit mode and open the Device Type dialog for one of them, it list Dimmer (currently selected), Switch, and Button. If I change it to Switch, when I go back and re-open the Device Type dialog, on the Switch and Button options are offered. The Dimmer option is removed at that point.

Its working fine for me on my cell phone and Android car headunit. Both on the lan and in cloud mode.

@jpage4500, Google Maps allows one to create widget shortcuts to Android home screen. These shortcuts can be to instantly take you to a destination, or find a friend in your circle, etc. Is there anyway to add these to the Hubitat Dashboard?

I use a Home screen app called "Car Launcher" and it allows you add OS Widgets, a very nice feature. That may a lot to implement, but very cool if you could. But even a way to trigger this widget would serve the purpose above.

There's a blinds device type now that should be the default. Looking at your device logs it should show up. When clicked it'll let you open/close or set position. Let me know if you have 1.0.870+ and don't see it.

It looks like it is possible to create a shortcut to launch Google Maps directly - either start navigation or open a specific location - details here. I'll need to figure out how to allow users to enter this and ideally make it flexible enough for other apps too if possible.

1 Like

@jpage4500, you put most developers to shame. Except for large institutions, and not even all of them, most apps are buggy and lacking in features.

I've been a writing code since 1981 in a large variety of environments, languages, and teams. Never was I as able and agile as you are! And the Android environment is one of the more complex ones, from what I can see.

YOU are a top notch developer and it shows. Thank you SO much for blessing this community with your expertise!

7 Likes

Apologies...figured out my error. I had created some virtual blinds switches, and their naming was too close to the actual blinds so for each blind I had duplicate confusing names in the tiles (e.g., Family Room Blinds, Family Room Blinds closed).

Long story short...DOH! :wink: Thanks for the course correction, and as always love this app! (And my wife loves me more because of it...the only home automation other than Picos she enjoys. :smiley: )

I do have a request for the window shade device...can the Set Position option be managed via a slider as an option? The number of taps/clicks/typing to change the position via Set Position is pretty daunting for my charming wife. :wink: Can that be done via a slider similar to dimmer lights? That would also allow a simple tap on the icon to open/close (similar to dimmers/lights) that is easier as well.

I second this.. it is so easy to create and customize a good looking and highly functional dashboard using this app. Trying to recreate one of my ActionTiles dashboards from scratch recently reminded me of how tedious the usual process can be. This app is really on another level.

3 Likes

Sure, that makes sense. I can do the click to open/close logic too but I wasn't sure what to do if the blinds weren't fully open or closed. Would a click close the blinds if they're partially open?

I should probably create a 'closed' icon too instead of re-using the partially open one.

image image

Thanks!

Yes, that's how the "on/off" and "Open/Close" aspects of the driver work...speaking for how my blinds (iBlinds) work:

1. If the blinds are open (to whatever level) Off/close fully closes them.
  2. If they are closed, the blinds have a driver setting for what % to open to, so on/open opens to that level set in the driver. If they were 25% open and the "Open" setting in the driver is 50%, Open would open them to 50%.

Request: Option to turn off the little paintbrush symbol in the top right corner of colour bulbs.

It overlays the end of the device name and detracts from the clean look of the tiles.

Also, when the lights are in colour temperature mode it's basically just a weird brown smear in the corner. It's only obvious what it is if the lights are a bright colour.

Ideally, choosing which decorations you want on each tile would be handy.

Thanks

I just got the Wink Relay to update using the in-app update logic (about->check for updates). The issue was I was saving the .apk file to a location that only the app could access - which is why it failed to open.

I'll have to do a build with my changes - but after that the app should be able to update to future versions

1 Like

version 1.0.923 (beta)

• better window shade / blinds UI

I added a slider to the blinds tile. Now, clicking on the tile will open/close and the slider should set the position from 0-100. Note I don't have any smart blinds to test this with so let me know if it doesn't work as expected

1 Like