[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

version 1.0.786 (beta)

The tricky part for me is dealing with on/off times that overlapped or if the off time was before the on time (ie: 10 PM - 1 AM).. I think I've got it but I could use some help testing to be sure. If it's not behaving correctly with this version, can you send me a log? I am logging both on/off times as well as when I'm setting the system alarm to wake up the device.

This is fixed.. the multi sensor device type should show up if a device supports 2 or more attributes that this device type can display.. mostly sensor types.

Originally with that Blink driver the only way to arm the whole 'network' was to use the network device or the API device. But, today you should be able to 'arm' any camera and all of the other cameras on the network will also arm.. I think that's just how Blink works (all or nothing arming)

Then, there's enabling or disabling cameras.. that only has any effect when the network is armed. So, really any given camera is 'active' if the network is armed and the camera is enabled.. I thought that was super confusing and I wanted to simplify things somewhat.. that's why I'm only showing the 'armed' camera image if the network is armed and the camera is enabled.. otherwise, I use the disarmed camera image.

I should verify all of this -- I tend to have my cameras just auto-arm when I leave the house and at night and disarm in the morning.. so, I never really see them in the armed state

Looks like I have more fiddling to do on the Blink / HE side.. My api device is logging "Unauthorized. Please perform Authorization and try Disarm System again" and a similar message when I try arming. Oh well... it worked great for 18 hours LOL.

Edit: Had to hit the 'Authorize' button on the Blink API Device in HE and all is well again.

@jpage4500 I see tall tiles mentioned many times throughout the thread.
What are they, and how do you add them?

At the moment they're only available for a few device types like buttons, images and videos. I wanted to make sure the layout looked good for any device in either a 1x2 or 2x2 size tile (w/h). If there's a tile that you think makes sense in a taller format let me know and I can support it

1 Like

I wanted to mention a few posts that mention Life360.. I haven't used it personally yet but it sounds like a popular way to handle presence for multiple devices. Right now I'm just using the HE Android app with a geofence around my house as a way to detect me being home or away.

Anyway, I started working on support Life360 in the app and wanted to put out some early screenshots.. My daughter has a Gizmo watch and I really liked how in the Gizmo app it showed where she was on a map. So, I found a Google Maps API to get an image for a given location and used that to fill the tile.

I like that avatar image too so I put that in the bottom-left corner.. and next is adding in any additional text fields. I'm hoping to keep them to a bare minimum so they won't cover up the map.. but, maybe more can be displayed the larger the tile is.. Finally, when clicked I can display everything full-screen.

2x2 tile:

1x2 tile:

1x1 tile:

2 Likes

Very nice! I can't wait to try it. This is something I will use daily.

I assume this needs the Life360 Tracker and Status apps on HE.

I have accidentally changed thermostat device to switch and can't change device type back to thermostat. I have tried to hide and unhide that device. Tried to remove it from MakerAPI and add it back. But unfortunately nothing helped.
What can I do in this case?

I was just wondering that.. I tried adding the Status app but wasn't able to get it fully setup (I asked a question in that thread). I wasn't sure if I also needed the Tracker app as well. I also see there's a built-in Life360 app but that just displays presence if I'm reading right

I would have thought removing it from MakerAPI would remove it & it's configuration but I guess not.. something I'll fix. I'll also make sure you can change back to thermostat as well.

In the meantime, logging out of the app will clear all settings. The only way I can think of resetting it without logging out is to export your settings from the app (nav -> more -> export) and then edit that file (I use google drive so I can edit it on a laptop). Find your device and change TYPE_SWITCH to TYPE_THEROMOSTAT.. Then, import the updated file. That should do it.

Seems to be working now. Thanks again for making these changes.

@jpage4500 Just wondering if you've given any further thought to having the tablet make a beeping noise whenever an alarm contact in a given folder is triggered?

1 Like

Or to play a sound (pick local file or beep) when motion or contact is detected in any tile. That would be neat.

1 Like

I'd suggest anyone using the Life360 app go find their opt-out page and opt-out.

It's been reported (tin foil hat time) that they sell your movement data (meaning speed, acceleration, etc.) to insurance carriers and that may include your auto insurance carrier. No guarantee that they can't still supply your data, but it's worth trying.

Thank you. That helped.

They don't know what car you are driving, if you are even driving the car (e.g. are you in a ride share), or whether you even provided them your real name when you signed up. Insurance is highly regulated, I seriously doubt if that would be legal, and it would be too big to hide.

2 Likes

How often does the Lock tile poll for updates, when someone unlocks or locks manually?

The app doesn't poll when you're on the same network as the Hub. The hub will push updates out to the app when they happen.

If you're using the app in cloud mode (outside your network), it does poll every 30 seconds while you're using it. There are ways to turn this into a push system vs polling but it would require some work to send push notifications from the hub to the app

1 Like

FWIW - I found this.. I'm just on the free plan so not sure I would need this enabled anyway.

It's on my TODO list. I haven't spent much time thinking about it but I will think though how this could work