Hubigraphs 4.8 (The Final Chapter)

Nope, just the one.

I access or using a hostname too, but only have the one hub.

@scotte @thomas.c.howard I tried accessing my hub using the ip address rather than hostname. That seems to have solved the problem. Something in the new firmware doesn't seem to like hostnames?

It seemed like the graph was auto-updating...(Time Graph) where the graph would show current time over time....was I imagining things or does it / can it auto update?

Yes; the graph auto updates; that is one of the features. Once the initial load is done, it “listens” for data. No more stress on the hub (ie. Database hits) until you “refresh”

@scotte, @andrew8 — Thanks for helping debug this; yes— hub security is much better/different. I don’t have a good solution, so for now configuring the tile will need to be done using the IP address. I will look into auto-detecting the issue so users don’t waste time rehashing the issue

@thomas.c.howard Sorry, I searched for the error message, and found no prior reports.

LOL; you actually called me on that? They are there, just manifested differently :slight_smile: Did the fix work?

1 Like

@thomas.c.howard update resolved issue - no more crash and burn, no puff of smoke! :slight_smile:

And I was apologizing for my lazy reading, which clearly overlooked the reports of similar symptoms from others

Glad to hear it's working! Easy fix, I was just to lazy to actually code it.

And who has time to read 933 messages? Good luck and let me know if you have any features you want added.

Has something changed....I am not getting graphs updating at all.
My interval is 5 mins but after 3 hours the graph has not changed : )

@tim.ocallag, what do you have in your graph options? What are you graphing? Integration Time is the number of "points" over a given time... Graph Update Rate sets how often it updates. If there is no data, it should have blanks... Is that happening? Did you update? You might need to "revisit" the Options screen to refresh things

Thanks for your help @thomas.c.howard. The point about seeming like we were using two different hubs was the key. The weather tile is a huge contributor to the WAF for my system. :grinning:

Here is what i have

and there is definitely water usage since 6am : (

Do you have a screenshot of the graph and then again in an hour (no refreshes between)? Also, is this running on a dashboard? Is the device you are graphing authorized for the dashboard. The new security (in Hubitat's latest update) might be messing with this....

First of all ... well done sir!

For me ... HubiGraphs is what Hubitat is all about! I love it.

I've pretty much figured out the Range, Heat Map, Time Graph, Forecast and Radar. I'm sure I'll find more to use as I increase the number of devices to match your collection!

I only (currently) have one feature request and that is to add an auto-range (min/max) on the Range Bar (like you have for the Time Graph). I'm using it for a min/max temp over the week and in Arizona, those keep shifting (if I want a tight graph).

Thanks again!

Keith

Hi Folks,

Trying to use WeatherTile 2.0 to display some general sensor values, rather than using it to display weather data...

Sensor temperature when added to tile is represented as XXX and then when revisiting the tile the added sensor isn’t retained..

Screen capture video of what I’m seeing...

https://we.tl/t-XWrmbprFMB

And logs:

app:41072020-11-18 07:39:13.592 pm debugcurrent.rain.1h: Cannot find data: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '1h' on null object
app:41072020-11-18 07:38:59.081 pm infoSent setGraph: http://172.24.1.202/apps/api/4107/graph/?access_token=
app:41072020-11-18 07:38:59.023 pm infoCreated HTTP Switch [Forecast Tile]
app:41072020-11-18 07:38:58.842 pm debugCreating Device Forecast Tile
app:41072020-11-18 07:38:58.838 pm debugnull
app:41072020-11-18 07:38:58.832 pm infoCreating HubiGraph Child Device
app:41072020-11-18 07:38:58.811 pm debugUpdating Name to Hubigraph Forecast Tile
app:41072020-11-18 07:37:41.921 pm debugcurrent.rain.1h: Cannot find data: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '1h' on null object
app:41072020-11-18 07:36:57.292 pm debugcurrent.rain.1h: Cannot find data: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '1h' on null object
app:41072020-11-18 07:36:25.098 pm debugcurrent.rain.1h: Cannot find data: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '1h' on null object
app:41072020-11-18 07:36:02.592 pm debugUpdating Name to Hubigraph Forecast Tile
app:41072020-11-18 07:35:01.994 pm debugcurrent.rain.1h: Cannot find data: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '1h' on null object
app:41072020-11-18 07:33:44.230 pm debugcurrent.rain.1h: Cannot find data: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '1h' on null object

Any ideas where I’m going wrong?

Great Video. It exposed something. Due to security — new to the latest firmware, you’ll need to configure your app and everything FROM YOUR IP address (not hubitat_local). Once configured, no issues... Make sense?

1 Like

great ! that worked!

It would be great if you could override the units of measurement and specify these manually, eg ppm and oC and

is it possible to add a graph within the weather tile? eg showing a small line graph showing temperature trend would be awesome!

This is a really powerful way to create custom “widgets” not just for weather !

great work!

When adding to a dashboard, on an iPad running ios 14, it renders like this:

Hi the ipad in the kitchen hasn't updated since 6am ....I did update the Hubitat hub...
Is there something I would do to "authorize" that ipad?

I just screenshot a graph taken after clicking the dasdhboard on my PC...i will wait and hour and snapshot again.
Thanks for all the help!