[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

May need to create a new HubConnect Driver for it. @csteele

I found something under a Dome Motion Sensor in the Remote Client App. Little bit obscure :slight_smile:

If you go into hub connect on the Smartthings side and try to share a motion sensor device do you see the nest device in the list of devices to setup to send?

Unfortunately the Nest doorbell doesn't show up as an available device when adding DomeMotion sensor device.

I'm not against creating a driver, although that means cycling the Apps to support it. The bigger problem is spelling... I can't create a driver with attributes that I don't know the correct spelling.

HubConnect knows about 91 unique attributes at this time.

Maybe this is something I can help with? Where can I find and extract the raw attributes?

I don't see the device in IDE.

If you wish to dive deeper, you can add this ST Smart App via your IDE.

It may show in one of the selection options and then you can click the Device Capability Report button. The resulting report would be interesting.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I checked all the device types that were not greyed out including:

button device
sensor device
battery device
switch Device
lock device

But none of them showed the Nest Doorbell. The other device types were greyed out for me.

It has none of the usual Capabilities. Only Custom.

It's probably part of the hidden API they love.

Perhaps it can be found here:

Hello, I'm having an issue with using a lock code manager in smartthings to update the codes on locks setup in hubitat with the hubconnect server on it. It seems like the confirmation from hubitat that the code was set does not get transmitted back to the remote client due to a communication error so the code manager keeps trying to set the code and gets in a loop where it just goes on forever. I feel llike i'm missing something simple. Here is the log copy/pasted from Hubitat with the error:

[app:343] 2022-04-25 10:09:03.576 [error] asynchttpGet() request failed with error 400

[app:343] 2022-04-25 10:09:03.576 [error] asynchttpGet() request failed with error 400

[app:343] 2022-04-25 10:09:03.176 [debug] Sending event to STRC: Front Door [lockCodes: {"1":{"code":"9316","name":"Tanner"},"3":{"code":"377126","name":"Raymond"},"4":{"code":"1992","name":"Erika"},"5":{"code":"9853","name":"Mama"},"6":{"code":"162534","name":"Dad"},"2":{"name":"Sabrina","code":"0104"}} null]

[app:343] 2022-04-25 10:09:03.171 [debug] Sending event to STRC: Front Door [codeChanged: added null]

[dev:42] 2022-04-25 10:09:03.151 [debug] setLockCode- added 2 to 0104 for lock code name Sabrina

The smartthings log shows something along the lines of this:
Retry programming exceeded, user 2 Sabrina addition not confirmed by lock Front Door

Any help appreciated. I'm pretty familiar with code and stuff, and i've been able to get the code manager to stop checking the lock for verification, but this brings another issue where certain lock code settings are unusable since the lock events arent being reported to smartthings. any help is greatly appreciated.

For some odd reason, I cant seem to get the HubConnect download files - They show with a lock icon.
Yes, I've registered on hubconnect.to and verified my account.
Probably doing something dumb. Anyone else had this ?

NVM, solved this using the URLs.

Still struggling. Can anyone help with what Im doing wrong.....
All code installed/published on Hubitat and Smaththings IDE. So far so good.

In Hubitat I can get a connection key.
But cant figure out how to put it into Smartthings....
The installation videos on the HubConnect community show the legacy smartthings app adding the HubConnect remote client app.
But thats dead now - and no sign of the HubConnect smartapp in the new ST app.

I'm stuck. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

lol, OK, managed to solve this too - eventually......
Another thread showed how to add the HubConnect remote client on the NEW (not legacy) ST android app.
(Add routines / Discover / scroll to the bottom)
But that didnt work until I killed and restarted the ST android app.
Seems like it caches the list of apps.
Got there in the end.

Pasting in case this of help to others.

2 Likes

Hi, so awhile ago I used hub link and send hub events to link my smartthings and hubitat to each other (I wanted hubitat to see some devices that are on my smartthings hub) I have added some new devices to smartthings and when I go into the Send Hub events smart app in smartthings I can't find the new devices. I'm wanted to send the temperate and humidity readings from my switchBot temp sensors to Hubitat. any idea why they are not showing up on the list of devices to select?

Hub Link is a built in App (pairs with Link2Hub, not sure what Send Hub is) and are very far from what HubConnect offers. Fundamentally, 4 years ago, the limitations of Hub Link lead to the creation of HubConnect as a tool for exchanging Attributes (Events) between like minded hubs... both Hubitat hubs and ST hubs.

Hub Link doesn't have any mechanism to allow users to expand functionality, while HubConnect took the opposite path. At this time, the only obvious path to move Attributes from / to ST is HubConnect. Hubitat has HubMesh, but that's limited to Hubitat to Hubitat linking.

Anyone know why these wont talk to each other?

Is that even possible! I do not believe you can use a smartapp on ST to change the codes on locks connected directly to Hubitat.

It changes the codes, but then hubitat cant report it back to ST that it was changed. So, it half works at the moment lol

I'm afraid I have to refer to:

I've shut off my ST Hub and have no plans to resurrect it. A couple months back, I did rebuild a connection to a Hubless ST instance BUT I have no locks on the Hubitat hub that is connected.

Ahh ok thanks yeah I orginally linked them several years ago so guess that's an outdated way. I'll use hubconnect thanks a bunch you guys are the best super friendly to novices like myself :blush::blush: